Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderators: daj, TNETWeather

weatherist34
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby weatherist34 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:23 am

Steepleian wrote:
weatherist34 wrote:

thanks for responding but what and where it starts to fall down is using these outside of city areas in remote locations or far distances from metar stations as you will see METAR data is used a lot in these.

https://openweathermap.org used this before in the early easy to use but sceptical on where the forecast data comes from

https://developer.accuweather.com/ costs money after the free trial

https://developer.yahoo.com/weather/ big no may just dissapear altogether

https://www.weatherbit.io/api need to look at where the data forecast is based on will try it next week

http://api.theweather.com/ testing now :-) had looked at this last year

template download is now reverted back to WU there isn't a lot of reliable quality options that is useful in many locations out there and ECMWF or GFS data is where Im really looking now .

Brian

For all its recent serious issues, WU, for me continues to be the most accurate for current conditions and forecast. I have just been comparing the above list with WU for current conditions. 30min ago it was thick fog over most of SE England, I could not see more than 25m from my window. The Weather was reporting ‘slightly overcast’ (somewhat of an understatement). The only service that nailed it was WU. Mine is a rural location 32km from the nearest city (Oxford), 24km from the nearest large town (Milton Keynes) and 15km from the nearest METAR. Let’s hope that WU has finally sorted its problems however I accept that other services may be more appropriate for other locations.

Ian

As much as the frustration of WU can make you vent aloud ,but your comments are exactly as what I get , out of all the api’s I have tried to use over the last two years only WU is accurate for this location on the outskirts of Istanbul. The recent apixu based on lat Lon was pulling forecast data for a location across the sea from me at aprox 90km the other side of a mountain called uludağ probably means nothing to anyone outside of turkey.

So anyway I’m in discussion with a provider of ecmwf raw data and they use a json file that contains basic weather data I cou,d interpret into and readable output and convert to icons also .however it’s not public so keeping my fingers crossed I can tap into it without scraping which I won’t do but will see how it pans out but one issue I’ve seen is current conditions is not available in the json file.

May amount to nothing but don’t ask don’t get :-)

Brian

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:11 pm

good afternoon

minor fixes/color coding to forecast folder files just replace forecast folder . zip attached

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vaggos
Weather Station: PROWEATHER STATION 1080
Operating System: XP SP3, win7, Win10

Postby vaggos » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:05 am

Good morning Brian
Email from wu.
Also the cameras in wu start to work again.
We want to take the time to acknowledge, explain and apologize for the PWS network issues that you may have experienced over the past week. We’re happy to say the issues are now resolved and your service is fully restored.

The interruption of service was related to the hot patches applied to our servers to correct the recent Intel hardware security flaws. We can say with 100% confidence that the data you share with us is completely safe. The patches required systems to be rebooted and, as these systems came back online, many of them did not boot up cleanly.

Weather Underground was founded 23 years ago and some of the code and infrastructure supporting the PWS Network still date back to 1994. We invested significant resources to modernize that infrastructure in 2017 and those updates are nearly complete.

We thank you for your loyalty over the years in contributing to the World’s Largest PWS Network and look forward to continue serving you.

The WU Team
Acharnes Athens Greece Meteo station
http://www.meteoacharnes.gr
https://weather.meteoacharnes.gr/
Thanks Sandaysoft

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:02 am

vaggos wrote:Good morning Brian
Email from wu.
Also the cameras in wu start to work again.
We want to take the time to acknowledge, explain and apologize for the PWS network issues that you may have experienced over the past week. We’re happy to say the issues are now resolved and your service is fully restored.

The interruption of service was related to the hot patches applied to our servers to correct the recent Intel hardware security flaws. We can say with 100% confidence that the data you share with us is completely safe. The patches required systems to be rebooted and, as these systems came back online, many of them did not boot up cleanly.

Weather Underground was founded 23 years ago and some of the code and infrastructure supporting the PWS Network still date back to 1994. We invested significant resources to modernize that infrastructure in 2017 and those updates are nearly complete.

We thank you for your loyalty over the years in contributing to the World’s Largest PWS Network and look forward to continue serving you.

The WU Team

got the same here and that Intel hardware security flaw affected a lot of stuff not specific to weather services , my wife work place also had nearly 48 hour downtime ..

N0BGS
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Win7vm,VMWare ESXi 6.5

Postby N0BGS » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:15 pm

Hmmmm...that's a really low wind speed. :)

999.PNG

Using CU-X7 version dated 10 Jan 2018.

I just overwrote the forecast folder and left the rest alone. Maybe that was the wrong thing to do??

--Kurt

https://www.kpw3.com/pws/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blitzortung Station 1809

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:29 am

N0BGS wrote:Hmmmm...that's a really low wind speed. :)

999.PNG

I just overwrote the forecast folder and left the rest alone. Maybe that was the wrong thing to do??

--Kurt

Probably Wunderground threw out a spurious figure . If possible next time it appears send us a copy of your wuweatherupdate.txt file found in the jsondata folder .can look for any errors ..brian

Altocumulus
Weather Station: Davis pro vue+
Operating System: Windows 7 Home

Postby Altocumulus » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:15 pm

Hi there,

Has anyone attempted to test load this under XAMPP?

I'm just looking to see how much customisation is available before running this live.

I have followed the setup, creating a pws subfolder under the usual xampp file structure, but the setup doesn't run and can't for the life of me work out what I'm missing!

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 w/Envoy USB
Operating System: Windows-8

Postby PaulMy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:43 pm

I've never used XAMPP so can't comment on that. However it is quite easy to FTP to your webserver and then run the easyweathersetup.php and that gives you all the setting options, with explanation for each of the settings.

Enjoy,
Paul

Steepleian
Weather Station: Ambient WS-1001
Operating System: Ubuntu Linux 17.10

Postby Steepleian » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:27 pm

Altocumulus wrote:Hi there,

I'm just looking to see how much customisation is available before running this live.

I have followed the setup, creating a pws subfolder under the usual xampp file structure, but the setup doesn't run and can't for the life of me work out what I'm missing!

Make sure you have a complete set of all the php dependencies and libraries (not always installed by default). Check your permissions and ownership of your pws folder to ensure you have suitable admin rights. Make sure that you re-start Apache and PHP after you make any changes.

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:33 pm

Altocumulus wrote:Hi there,

it has been developed on XAMPP from day one . in the browser localhost/CU-X7/ will run

make sure you have total read/write as a user or administrator for the htdocs folder

check apache web server is green light and running

screenshot

N0BGS
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Win7vm,VMWare ESXi 6.5

Postby N0BGS » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:15 pm

weatherist34 wrote:
N0BGS wrote:Hmmmm...that's a really low wind speed. :)

999.PNG

--Kurt

Probably Wunderground threw out a spurious figure . If possible next time it appears send us a copy of your wuweatherupdate.txt file found in the jsondata folder .can look for any errors ..brian

Will do, Brian. So far, so good, today.

Thanks.

--Kurt
Blitzortung Station 1809

Altocumulus
Weather Station: Davis pro vue+
Operating System: Windows 7 Home

Postby Altocumulus » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:39 am

Thanks guys, I was going to return to the post and say I'd sorted out where I had gone wrong, but it hadn't been cleared for the Board.
I found needed to run the php file that was under cu-x7; I hadn't realised that - It seems I downloaded all the versions in one zip file, rather than a single version which would allow me to follow the instructions.

My bad!

vaggos
Weather Station: PROWEATHER STATION 1080
Operating System: XP SP3, win7, Win10

Postby vaggos » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:16 am

Hello to everyone.
We have still problems with WU but they promise that soon. everything will be ok.
Also for pws sometimes we have forecast and sometimes no
Here is the new: http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=33651.msg341640#msg341640
Regards
Vaggelis
Acharnes Athens Greece Meteo station
http://www.meteoacharnes.gr
https://weather.meteoacharnes.gr/
Thanks Sandaysoft

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:13 pm

Ok I think good news for Cumulus users , for the last 10. Months I have been running the zambretti forecast script and have adapted it to the template some may have notice or not but it is the version found here on the Cumulus forum.

So with all the hassle with Wunderground and good to see they are active in the other forum wxforum , however they may need a beer or a bob Marley three little birds by my doorstep rolled cigarette (I was a student once) after a few weeks because I’m sure the appraisal for being transparent won’t last forever .

Anyway so all I need is a couple testers to try it out for a few days or so.

Basically if wu forecast data is not available or down it will display the sager/zambretti output , I have modified the descriptions from the short original ones and all you have to do is tweak the P.O. offset as per the original . If this works for everyone ok then I will add the two options in the setup.

Now if you are currently using a sager or zambretti I’m guessing you run it at a certain of time of day so hopefully if you do then the process of triggering the daily forecast is already there.confused ?probably why I have been holding off releasing it as I would like to keep inline with no hardcore file editing and use the setup screen.

Drop me a pm or email..I’ll zip it up with some instructions.brian

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:48 pm

so here is how it works on mine at the moment so if all ok with cumulus then no more blank data populated by either your own generated output or wu api forecast either way it will show something relative.

Return to “Web site - General”