If you use Cumulus, please donate Image

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderators: daj, TNETWeather

HRVistaWeather
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus - 24hr FARS
Operating System: Windows 10 (64bit)

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby HRVistaWeather » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:21 pm

Too True Brian,

Totally agree, will send PM I sent to multiple others.

Kind regards,
Tony

Huon River Vista Weather - South Franklin - Tasmania
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus - FARS, Cumulus MX, 2 Soil Temp/Moist Solar/Rad.
Weather PC Died 2016/11/21 15:25 Cannot justify replacement (Website dead)

endfm
Weather Station: XC0348
Operating System: Jessie

Postby endfm » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:26 pm

HI Tony,

Thank you for the reply and the call I might add, I do not appreciate the quick call at 9:30pm which I considered to be quite rude and quite unsuitable and rather unprofessional and quite frankly I'm a little perturbed.

"His original site was full of extremely bad additions to the point it did not correctly display the weather nor the forecast, it was also non compliant with the original concept for Weather34 being for use with Pad type devices and contained multiple banners of google related adds."

I'm calling you on this, it displayed in rather a professional and clean manner on a mobile phone, It's not my fault that mono or the weather station keeps crashing due to problems with the original software. it also worked on an ipad device, (sorry I use android why you're still using apple I'm unsure of) I regularly check the temps with other related temp sources including the official readings it's quite possible that you were looking at the temps when mono crashed which is quite possible. Either that or the Tasmania internet hasn't upgraded or maybe it has since I last lived there. It's also not my fault if the temp that/or weather sensor data is sometimes a little off due to sun-placement. But generally I can also work that out, the pressure is set to default also due to my preference, Also the plugins I was still working on them since the internet isn't my full time job, I may have been a little preemptive in saying main income since I was in business mode.

Granted I replaced the slogan with harbour city hosting however there were other plentiful links around the website if people wanted to know what it was and who made it. In fact I've installed multiple DEFAULT versions around the place for your information and the template has worked quite nicely. So thank you for this. I really am grateful .

My issue was with continued updates, I'd gladly pay for a subscription service registry key version where it's fully automated and you wouldn't have to touch a thing but anyway you obviously have other things going on so I'll stop there, you gotta be a little thick skinned when developing software it gets changed, hacked all the time there's no stopping it.

I may not have the expertise but quite frankly I couldn't give to absolute hoots this is what I do among other things with pi's at 5am in the morning listening to grindcore when everyone else is asleep, I really only do this for myself.

Also thanks for the young comment, greatly appreciated. I've got that comment for years, goes well over the phone when you ever so gracefully heard my voice. Call me back if you'd like to chat about prices I'm sure my partner could give you some prices to setup an automatic downloading for the template after payment fully secure with registry licensing.

Matthew did state earlier that he was in it for profit. My undertaking on a PWS goes way back to the days when old retired Meteorological based people retired and to reduce boredom, they would start a weather site at home, with the expertise they had learned during their life time.
These days it seems that (although there is an ever increasing majority of even younger enthusiasts genuinely trying to do the same. There is a minority who are just out there to try and profit from using other peoples software and badgering many to get their own site running as they have absolutely no idea nor expertise in coding nor the weather to say the least.

Now Matthew has removed the fore mentioned files and replaced them with a non functioning version of Brian's latest version.

yes always in profit, some are not and some are, I'd gladly donate a portion through automatic donations through paypal from adsense. We think we have a different understanding what you're going on about. As I said before there were other means of seeing who made what and where just by a few clicks or a click on the main page. Also thanks for letting me know about the template I'll just go back to the old one and wait for WU API to become active again.

I can't even understand Matthews comment regards " btw the dude in question is near me I should visit him. :lol: "

If it was blatantly ripping off removing ALL of your links that would be a problem. It was a joke the other guy was quite blatant, whoever he is.

I hate doing this but no one knows how long they have left on earth, but to see people blatantly stealing gets up my left nostril.

i don't understand this and why it would be relevant to be pissed off about a link while other links were active on the page is a little childish. Why simulator-developers and weather enthusiasts are such a whiny bunch is beyond me.

That's all I'd like to say and I'll leave it at this.

Hope you're well and i wish you good luck for the future.

regards,

endfm

Steve, if you can remove these links and my personal name that would be great and replace with endfm as I do not appreciate my name being out there as I'm not associated with hch anymore.

weatherist34
Weather Station: Fine Offset HP1000/2000
Operating System: OS X Sierra

Postby weatherist34 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:07 pm

Just delete the whole thread leave it there .. I was aware of HCH some months ago I either dropped a comment on there Facebook or twitter account I can't remember to be honest .. moral of all this is claiming accreditation or promoting a business .. you can not do,anything to,stop it ,a minority will do it , it is that simple ..and IM not going to sit here being the or turn into a policeman chasing it .. what is done is done and I've said before not the first won't be the last ..

I regret ever openly shaming anyone and wish I had done what I had done in the past and dealt with it behind the scenes.

But I say again deeper I looked the less enthusiastic I really became and it paints a rather dismal picture overlooking the actual purpose of the template... the weather...brian...

Toxic17
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.1 Stretch

Postby Toxic17 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:55 am

looks like wupdate.php is not working as WU link seems to be broken so graphs not displaying correctly.

apache log shows:

[Tue Aug 15 07:50:43.517134 2017] [php7:warn] [pid 20178:tid 140077556504320] [client xxx.xx.xxx.xxx:15714] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(https://www.wunderground.com/weathersta ... ts=english ): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found\r\n in /xxxxx/xxxxx/weather/pws/jsondata/wuupdate.php on line 15, referer: https://www.conligwx.org/pws/index.php

looks like my whole WU site has gone!

https://www.wunderground.com/weathersta ... =ICODOWNN2
Regards Simon
https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:42 am

Toxic17 wrote:looks like wupdate.php is not working as WU link seems to be broken so graphs not displaying correctly.

apache log shows:

[Tue Aug 15 07:50:43.517134 2017] [php7:warn] [pid 20178:tid 140077556504320] [client xxx.xx.xxx.xxx:15714] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(https://www.wunderground.com/weathersta ... ts=english ): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found\r\n in /xxxxx/xxxxx/weather/pws/jsondata/wuupdate.php on line 15, referer: https://www.conligwx.org/pws/index.php

looks like my whole WU site has gone!

https://www.wunderground.com/weathersta ... =ICODOWNN2

Probably widespread and issue lies at Wunderground see http://www.paulwilman.com/wx.php using an older version.. all the more reason to use HRVISTAWEATHER solution for database...

jmontamat
Weather Station: wmrs200
Operating System: debian8

Postby jmontamat » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:08 am

deleted
(sorry repeated)
Last edited by jmontamat on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jmontamat

Postby jmontamat » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:13 am

Probably widespread and issue lies at Wunderground see http://www.paulwilman.com/wx.php using an older version.. all the more reason to use HRVISTAWEATHER solution for database...

Strongly agree Brian, at least rely on external data better.

I am grateful to HRVISTAWEATHER for the scripts, which it would be easy to install and run at first. (Only for cumulus)

Josep.

laulau
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Postby laulau » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:14 am

Hi Tony,

Something isn't working well with my databese values extraction!
I don't understand what happens.
The data for the year and for the month are wrong. (for the month the last data plotted is for the 4th)
nothing plotted for the day graph.

you can look here : http://meteo.laurentmey.fr/CU-X5/

I need help to solve that.
Thanks
Laurent

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:45 am

laulau wrote:Hi Tony,

Something isn't working well with my databese values extraction!
I don't understand what happens.
The data for the year and for the month are wrong. (for the month the last data plotted is for the 4th)
nothing plotted for the day graph.

you can look here : http://meteo.laurentmey.fr/CU-X5/

I need help to solve that.
Thanks

http://meteo.laurentmey.fr/CU-X5/charts ... 7mysql.txt

data ends on the 4th still blocking turkey only viewable via vpn

HRVistaWeather

Postby HRVistaWeather » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:05 am

Hi laulau,

Sorry did not really want to get involved as stated earlier with users having issues, the script was a starting point for those with the no how to enhance and progress to next level.

3 Users have it running so I wonder if it is one of the following:
1: did you read the instructions regards, case sensitive on the Table names. (I see your other scripts use "Realtime" and "Dayfile" tables, this script uses "realtime" and dayfile" if that is the case change : "mysqlupdate.php" lines 15/27/38 accordingly. (that is still strange anyway, do you have old tables named in lower case as well ?

Other than that all I can think of is that as it is a minimal type query that maybe there is a UTC or Date issue due to your locale.

Hope that helps, regards,
Tony

Toxic17
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.1 Stretch

Postby Toxic17 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:21 am

Hi Tony

I've not had time to do it all yet, though should be able to try tonight. with DNS propagation now complete, my new Broadband service up and running and LAN just about complete I have time to have a look at the mysql db option.
Regards Simon
https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS

jmontamat

Postby jmontamat » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:23 am

Hi laulau, Your problem I think is in database.

Josep.
Last edited by jmontamat on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 x64 - A beast.

Postby Mapantz » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:23 am

HRVistaWeather wrote:Hi laulau,
1: did you read the instructions regards, case sensitive on the Table names. (I see your other scripts use "Realtime" and "Dayfile" tables, this script uses named in lower case as well ?

That's exactly what i was typing just before you posted. :lol:

HRVistaWeather

Postby HRVistaWeather » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:32 am

:D Thanks Mapantz,
I hung off as long as I could before replying, thinking you may, though not long enough it seems.. :lol:
Thanks matey, glad to see you will be here to assist. I see yours is running well.
regards,
Tony

laulau
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Postby laulau » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:41 am

HRVistaWeather wrote:Other than that all I can think of is that as it is a minimal type query that maybe there is a UTC or Date issue due to your locale.

I thought about it,I will take a closer look.
My LogDate format is 'yyyy-MM-dd'
@Mapantz what is yours ?
Laurent

Return to “Web site - General”