Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderators: daj, TNETWeather

vaggos
Weather Station: PROWEATHER STATION 1080
Operating System: XP SP3, win7, Win10

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby vaggos » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:45 pm

I don't have this problem with all those pages

Regards
Vaggelis
Acharnes Athens Greece Meteo station
http://www.meteoacharnes.gr
https://weather.meteoacharnes.gr/
Thanks Sandaysoft

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 x64 - A beast.

Postby Mapantz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:49 pm

I've turned off 'Hardware Acceleration' in Chrome, and it has solved the issue I think?! I'm not sure how it started to be honest, there have been no updates, and i've touched nothing in Chrome. With what's happened here in the last few days, you wouldn't believe me if I told you. So much luck... all of it bad! :cry:

weatherist34
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra

Postby weatherist34 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:23 pm

Mapantz wrote:I've turned off 'Hardware Acceleration' in Chrome, and it has solved the issue I think?! I'm not sure how it started to be honest, there have been no updates, and i've touched nothing in Chrome. With what's happened here in the last few days, you wouldn't believe me if I told you. So much luck... all of it bad! :cry:

Sorry to hear of your troubles , again this evening earlier I opened 8 simultaneously sites in chrome and threw in a you tube video then watched the resource manager it never went above 52% I came to conclusion something else is causing the issue but what I had no idea and wrong to assume .

11 years ago I switched to mac I was tired of reformatting and reinstalling windows every 3 or 6 months I just wanted stability because it was my method of work as well. I watched my colleague 6 years lose all her work she switched and never looked back. Anyway not going to get into a windows v mac rhetoric, what's most important is stability.

So,as for the weather it's 22:14 here and itiş a stifling 28.6c and the GFS for the first week of august looks like we could bust some more records, already this year we busted 50 year old snow record , worst flash floods for 12 years last week here in Istanbul , record temperatures recorded in many parts of turkey 3 weeks ago so 2017 a year to remember so far .. and vaggos I look at your station across the water from me I don't know how you cope you are 10c more than us on average this week..

Have a nice week all...brian

Mapantz

Postby Mapantz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:12 pm

Ok, back to the drawing board. Turning Hardware acceleration off was a bad idea. Things I used to be able to view, no longer work if I have it turned off. Something isn't right on Chrome. When the tab is not in focus, the memory hovers at 150MB. As soon as the dashboard tab is in focus, it goes from 150 to around 950MB in 10 seconds. :cry:

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:10 pm

Mapantz wrote:Ok, back to the drawing board. Turning Hardware acceleration off was a bad idea. Things I used to be able to view, no longer work if I have it turned off. Something isn't right on Chrome. When the tab is not in focus, the memory hovers at 150MB. As soon as the dashboard tab is in focus, it goes from 150 to around 950MB in 10 seconds. :cry:

ok mapantz

download current version i just updated the download , i made a very small change basically shifted the svg icons to another file . im reading your posts and i did some searching around this is quite a widespread problem in general with Chrome i founds literally 100s maybe 1000s of references to chrome and hardware acceleration most solutions basically said turn it off ! but you ask yourself why if its a part of the browser and things like you tube may need it, and why does hardware acceleration in Chrome cause so many issues sporadically ! seems to appeared from chrome 36 and to the current chrome yet no absolute solution has been found or why it does for some and not for others , a lot of the stuff i read was pointing to GPU hardware device updates that happen in the background , however I'm NOT saying this is your issue ,

so try it nothing to lose but 15 minutes of your time. i see no real significant changes in the template to make anything start going wonky , the major jquery files are almost identical to a year ago .

lets hope ..brian

vaggos

Postby vaggos » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:51 am

weatherist34 wrote: and vaggos I look at your station across the water from me I don't know how you cope you are 10c more than us on average this week.

Hello Brian
Yes for 3 days we are 36 °C.
Its usual for this and next month in Athens. Till today, we are +4.0°C from same month in 2014!
More +temp in August.
Regards
Vaggelis
Thanks Sandaysoft

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Jessie Lite rPi

Postby mcrossley » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:55 am

Mapantz wrote:Turning Hardware acceleration off was a bad idea.
Look for an update to your video drivers, try both generic ones from the board manufacturer and any "customised" ones from the computer manufacturer (HP or Lenovo etc.).

Mapantz

Postby Mapantz » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:21 pm

mcrossley wrote:
Look for an update to your video drivers, try both generic ones from the board manufacturer and any "customised" ones from the computer manufacturer (HP or Lenovo etc.).

I've got a high end gaming graphic card, everything is fully up to date.

weatherist34 wrote:
ok mapantz

download current version i just updated the download , i made a very small change basically shifted the svg icons to another file . im reading your posts and i did some searching around this is quite a widespread problem in general with Chrome i founds literally 100s maybe 1000s of references to chrome and hardware acceleration most solutions basically said turn it off ! but you ask yourself why if its a part of the browser and things like you tube may need it, and why does hardware acceleration in Chrome cause so many issues sporadically ! seems to appeared from chrome 36 and to the current chrome yet no absolute solution has been found or why it does for some and not for others , a lot of the stuff i read was pointing to GPU hardware device updates that happen in the background , however I'm NOT saying this is your issue ,

so try it nothing to lose but 15 minutes of your time. i see no real significant changes in the template to make anything start going wonky , the major jquery files are almost identical to a year ago .

lets hope ..brian

I've gone back to the latest version. None of the WU forecast is showing. My API key is correct, as my graph data is working fine.

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:06 pm

Mapantz wrote:
mcrossley wrote:

weatherist34 wrote:
ok mapantz

lets hope ..brian

I've gone back to the latest version. None of the WU forecast is showing. My API key is correct, as my graph data is working fine.

Not sure what is going on anymore mapantz it's all working fine here attached screenshot..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:14 pm

Mapantz wrote:
mcrossley wrote:

weatherist34 wrote:
ok mapantz

lets hope ..brian

Then I did my usual analysis at getmetrix see screenshot there is absolutely nothing wrong here .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mapantz

Postby Mapantz » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:19 pm

I gave up with Chrome, and i've deleted it completely. I decided to do my own browser testing, and downloaded 10 different ones, and whittled it down to 2. The fastest browser that I found, was Ghost browser - in fact, even though it uses the Chrome engine, it is without a doubt, the fastest browser I have ever used. However, you only get a 1 month premium trial, after which, you either pay $10 a month, or lose a ton of features. The one I decided to keep, is Yandex browser. This is also faster than Edge/Chrome/Firefox/Opera by a country mile, and you can easily import your bookmarks etc..

Anyway, no problems with huge memory spikes on this, when viewing the dashboard, Brian. :D

To anybody else who uses Chrome, I would give Yandex a try. It is by far the best Windows browser in my opinion.

vaggos

Postby vaggos » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:28 pm

Brian Hello
Yesterday I made a backup to my Cumulus and shut it down for 60 minutes. Until the end it was show on line as you can see in the picture.What can be a blame? And after how many min it will show ofline
Regards
Vaggelis

Thanks Sandaysoft

Toxic17
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.1 Stretch

Postby Toxic17 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:44 pm

Mapantz wrote:To anybody else who uses Chrome, I would give Yandex a try. It is by far the best Windows browser in my opinion.

I've used Yandex myself a few times. quite a nice interface. though using Chrome (Dev) now.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
https://www.conligwx.org/pws1/

https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS

G6GUH
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Pro
Operating System: Windows 10

Postby G6GUH » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:45 pm

Hi everyone, advice please

My template does not show the yearly,monthly and daily graphs, forecasts show ok so it looks as if my api password is ok. Where does the data for these graphs come from? I suspect that is something I have done or missed (it always has been in the past,not the software) any ideas as I am now grasping at straws.

Thanks
Pete

BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Raspian Jessie

Postby BigOkie » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:36 pm

G6GUH wrote:Hi everyone, advice please

My template does not show the yearly,monthly and daily graphs, forecasts show ok so it looks as if my api password is ok. Where does the data for these graphs come from? I suspect that is something I have done or missed (it always has been in the past,not the software) any ideas as I am now grasping at straws.

Thanks
Pete

Comes from Weather Underground. Is your station reporting to WU?

Return to “Web site - General”