Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderators: daj, TNETWeather

User avatar
Toxic17
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 pm
Weather Station: Davis VPro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.5 Stretch
Location: Bangor, NI
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby Toxic17 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:13 am

Brian

I just noticed that my monthly graphs are only showing upto the 17th of this month. same as Vaggelis's

is this a WU API issue?

https://www.conligwx.org/pws/index.php
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS
Image

weatherist34
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby weatherist34 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:59 am

Toxic17 wrote:Brian

I just noticed that my monthly graphs are only showing upto the 17th of this month. same as Vaggelis's

is this a WU API issue?

https://www.conligwx.org/pws/index.php


as always :-) WU is basically one big mess but there are no alternatives apart from using direct mysql .

WU is a bit like a slot machine ... :-) sometimes you win most of the time you dont..

weatherist34
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby weatherist34 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:56 am

dont know if this was coincidence of releasing a update for the earthquake module today but thats a massive earthquake 8 magnitude !!!

Image

wwuk
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:39 pm
Weather Station: WS3083
Operating System: Jessie
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby wwuk » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:03 am

Tsunami warnings after that quake!

https://news.sky.com/story/tsunami-warn ... e-11219220

Chris
https://whitchurchweather.uk

Aercus WS3083 > RPI Zero W > CumulusMX > Weather34 CU-HRV-MYSQL

Altocumulus
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 1:58 pm
Weather Station: Davis pro vue+
Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Location: NE Scotland

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby Altocumulus » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:24 pm

Earthquake - aye, let's blame the weatherman - or the weatherman's webpages :D. It gave us a big trace here in Scotland, not seen one of that magnitude or longevity for a few years. Hope everyone on that side of the globe is OK...

Altocumulus
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 1:58 pm
Weather Station: Davis pro vue+
Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Location: NE Scotland

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby Altocumulus » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:27 pm

Tsunami, less than 1 foot.....

User avatar
Toxic17
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 pm
Weather Station: Davis VPro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.5 Stretch
Location: Bangor, NI
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby Toxic17 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:54 pm

Altocumulus wrote:Tsunami, less than 1 foot.....


not what the NDBC said... 10 Metres :)

https://twitter.com/BillKarins/status/9 ... 3140675585

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.p ... 0123093315

I guess the event died very quickly at sea.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS
Image

pdamigos
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:02 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10, Linux

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby pdamigos » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:21 pm

Hello,
I have setup the weahter34 for metric units and wind speed as m/s (meters per second ?)
When I first load the page I see the following screen:
1.jpg


When I click on menu and choose M/S wind speed (m/s) i see the following screen:
2.jpg


Which one is the correct for meters/sec

Thank you in advance

PS. Why the attachments are not visible if I don't have login?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

weatherist34
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby weatherist34 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:32 pm

pdamigos wrote:Hello,
I have setup the weahter34 for metric units and wind speed as m/s (meters per second ?)
When I first load the page I see the following screen:
1.jpg

When I click on menu and choose M/S wind speed (m/s) i see the following screen:
2.jpg

Which one is the correct for meters/sec

Thank you in advance

PS. Why the attachments are not visible if I don't have login?



Using the menu for m/s output is the way . its rather a complex headache just like the UK celsius and MPH . i will look at it in the future.

weatherist34
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby weatherist34 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:39 pm

Good evening

lots of requests for mysql support so I have now included tony's HRvista mysql version in the download (many thanks tony), i have also added all the updated modules to this version . it is appropriately named Version:Dashboard CU-HRV-MYSQL

*please note i can not offer any personal support for this version as I have no understanding of how this is connected with CUMULUS software, i strongly recommend if you have any issues please liaise with users on this forum thread.

available via https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

User avatar
Toxic17
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 pm
Weather Station: Davis VPro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.5 Stretch
Location: Bangor, NI
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby Toxic17 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:13 am

weatherist34 wrote:Good evening

lots of requests for mysql support so I have now included tony's HRvista mysql version in the download (many thanks tony), i have also added all the updated modules to this version . it is appropriately named Version:Dashboard CU-HRV-MYSQL

*please note i can not offer any personal support for this version as I have no understanding of how this is connected with CUMULUS software, i strongly recommend if you have any issues please liaise with users on this forum thread.

available via https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/


Thank You Brian - And Tony for the work that you guys have put in.

Just one small change in the template I have seen is the Value of Solar radiation (cloudbase.php) you use W/M2 and not the correct value os W/m².

If you're using °F and °C why not use W/m² ?

W/m² = W/m²

BTW if you need a database to test I can do a mysql dump of mine if you like.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS
Image

weatherist34
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby weatherist34 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:38 am

Toxic17 wrote:
weatherist34 wrote:Good evening

lots of requests for mysql support so I have now included tony's HRvista mysql version in the download (many thanks tony), i have also added all the updated modules to this version . it is appropriately named Version:Dashboard CU-HRV-MYSQL

*please note i can not offer any personal support for this version as I have no understanding of how this is connected with CUMULUS software, i strongly recommend if you have any issues please liaise with users on this forum thread.

available via https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/


Thank You Brian - And Tony for the work that you guys have put in.

Just one small change in the template I have seen is the Value of Solar radiation (cloudbase.php) you use W/M2 and not the correct value os W/m².

If you're using °F and °C why not use W/m² ?

W/m² = W/m²

BTW if you need a database to test I can do a mysql dump of mine if you like.


Ok next time thanks I’ll update ihte wm2

Code: Select all

W/m&sup2
as for dbase big no I’m not getting involved it’s to overwhelming to support . I mentioned before it can be time consuming and somewhat overwhelming dealing with dbase setups for the less experienced unfortunately so best thing I could do was acknowledge tony,s input and release it but sorry no support from on that one. Don’t mean to sound harsh but learnt from when I released weather display version with Mysql spent almost everyday setting up dbase and was quite shocked to see how they vary from hosting to hosting companies .

Brian

wwuk
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:39 pm
Weather Station: WS3083
Operating System: Jessie
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby wwuk » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:54 am

weatherist34 wrote:Good evening

lots of requests for mysql support so I have now included tony's HRvista mysql version in the download (many thanks tony), i have also added all the updated modules to this version . it is appropriately named Version:Dashboard CU-HRV-MYSQL


Possibly due to WU poor performance recently ;)

Just updated my site using the MYSQL template release today, very nice :) good work Tony and Brian..

Cheers

Chris
https://whitchurchweather.uk

Aercus WS3083 > RPI Zero W > CumulusMX > Weather34 CU-HRV-MYSQL

weatherist34
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby weatherist34 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Good Afternoon

this is the last of the request for inclusion for different modules and scripts i have been using over the last year but never added them into the template.
This script is based on the original by Ken True of saratoga fame. Ive simply adapted it to reflect the template design best I could and as always I dont have much problems in understanding his code , cant say that for others so I have the options to use the easyweathersetup screen .

the BT sager forecast script will have to wait for a few weeks Im off on my travels for a few weeks and only have an iPad tethering through my iphone for internet most of the time with me so no real possibility of doing any coding etc..

enjoy this one it turned out nice and you can switch off if not required via the setup screen ....screenshot below and as always available via
https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

ps...vaggos we had snow flakes today and 60kmh winds again :-) but nothing significant enough to warrant a photo...brian

Image

User avatar
Toxic17
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 pm
Weather Station: Davis VPro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.5 Stretch
Location: Bangor, NI
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby Toxic17 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:10 pm

Brian

I install the new version today and used WU

I found an error right across the right hand side of my web page

Code: Select all

Warning: include(../settings1.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/htdocs/weather/pws/warnings/get-meteoalarm-warning-inc.php on line 35
Warning: include(): Failed opening '../settings1.php' for inclusion (include_path='/opt/Qapache/lib/php') in /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/htdocs/weather/pws/warnings/get-meteoalarm-warning-inc.php on line 35


I checked get-meteoalarm-warning-inc.php against my last pws install and noticed a new entry on line 1

Code: Select all

<?php include('../common.php');


I removed the "include('../common.php');" and i now get no warning and website seem to function ok.

Was this added by mistake or is it needed? or do I have other issues?
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS
Image


Return to “Web site - General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chapel and 4 guests