Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderators: daj, TNETWeather

egontinno
Weather Station: Velleman WS3080
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby egontinno » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:40 pm

Hello Brian!

Very nice weather template. Some proposals:

1. I added Estonian language file, but not all labels changed from english to estonian. Can you add more text to the translation file? I do not really expect all descriptions, but at least the main ones. Like "Indoor Humidity", "Sunshine", "Is it sunny", "Ozone", "Station Online", "Max", "Min", "Avg", "Wind Run", "measured today", "Rate", "Solar", "Total", some string from footer and menu.

2. I would be grateful if you will add the Estonian flag to /img/flags/et.svg

3. Can a webcam link in the menu, be placed under the settings1.php and if it's not inserted there, it will not appear in the menu. It's currently showing picture of your home, and every time you update the code, I need to delete it in the menu.php file.

4. Windows 10 / Firefox 58 on header F/C next to clock is not clickable. No hover effect and nothing happens, when I click it. Some other elements is front of that link. https://screenshots.firefox.com/uBEo0zY ... ilm.pri.ee

5. There should be no Twitter link, because I did not add it to the settings1.php $twitter = ""; https://screenshots.firefox.com/6q3c3Xz ... ilm.pri.ee

6. Some encoding problems in meteoalarm page (it's should be Lääne-Virumaa, same, if there are some warnings in estonian). https://screenshots.firefox.com/tgTsbYM ... ilm.pri.ee

7. Lately Forecast Ahead is showing double dates for some reason. Maybe it's Weather Underground problem. https://screenshots.firefox.com/tWuqaKb ... ilm.pri.ee

http://ilm.pri.ee/minu-vaatlused/index.php

Keep it up good work!

weatherist34
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra

Postby weatherist34 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:06 am

egontinno wrote:Hello Brian!

Very nice weather template. Some proposals:

1. I added Estonian language file, but not all labels changed from english to estonian. Can you add more text to the translation file? I do not really expect all descriptions, but at least the main ones. Like "Indoor Humidity", "Sunshine", "Is it sunny", "Ozone", "Station Online", "Max", "Min", "Avg", "Wind Run", "measured today", "Rate", "Solar", "Total", some string from footer and menu.

2. I would be grateful if you will add the Estonian flag to /img/flags/et.svg

3. Can a webcam link in the menu, be placed under the settings1.php and if it's not inserted there, it will not appear in the menu. It's currently showing picture of your home, and every time you update the code, I need to delete it in the menu.php file.

4. Windows 10 / Firefox 58 on header F/C next to clock is not clickable. No hover effect and nothing happens, when I click it. Some other elements is front of that link. https://screenshots.firefox.com/uBEo0zY ... ilm.pri.ee

5. There should be no Twitter link, because I did not add it to the settings1.php $twitter = ""; https://screenshots.firefox.com/6q3c3Xz ... ilm.pri.ee

6. Some encoding problems in meteoalarm page (it's should be Lääne-Virumaa, same, if there are some warnings in estonian). https://screenshots.firefox.com/tgTsbYM ... ilm.pri.ee

7. Lately Forecast Ahead is showing double dates for some reason. Maybe it's Weather Underground problem. https://screenshots.firefox.com/tWuqaKb ... ilm.pri.ee

http://ilm.pri.ee/minu-vaatlused/index.php

Keep it up good work!

GOOD MORNING ...

1.only way to support or use new languages if the language file is sent along however I have not supported or implemented any use of multiple languages
for the newer additions for nearly a year(most experienced or long term users do there own). unfortunately it totally restricts the ability to add new or design new features . I have always focused on design and keeping it aligned with the original layout.designing with 27 languages is a complete nightmare and nigh impossible at times to find the right balance , 50% of the time it all goes horribly wrong in design layout when using other languages .therefore languages are not supported other than English for any newer addtions .so sorry probably not what you want to hear but I have had enough of languages support and simply gave up.

2.as above

3.dont fully understand but in most cases you can retain or custom edit the menu.php file .takes a minute to remove any lines you don't want. option of webcam is not a fully supported feature it was simply added for those who want to use there own webcam and as there are so many different types on how users pull there data image from a webcam its not easy to have a universal options so again the webcam.php files is a basic layout that allows users to add there own .

4.big thanks for this one, I fixed and simply update the css files and menu.php from the download at https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

5.again user option some have twitter some don't the majority do .

6.meteoalarm who knows again dealing with languages and in this case the template does NOT have any control over the language output produced by meteoalarm.

7.again a language issue ? beyond template control and perhaps the Estonian wu output is at error I don't know. or easyweathersetup check that you do not have two items set to true .. are you in UK ,are you in US etc only one must be set to true ..

Brian..
Last edited by weatherist34 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

HRVistaWeather
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus - 24hr FARS
Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64bit)

Postby HRVistaWeather » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:05 am

Hi Brian,
Finally have my Time-Lapse videos up and running , so added them to the template.
https://southfranklinweather.com/dashboard/timelapse.php
ATimelapse.PNG

ATimelapse2.PNG

I only just noticed all the other changes (Yearly Charts) etc. Very Nice.
I'll have to find time one day (unless Mapantz or Toxic) elect to add them to the MySql version. A quick look and it looks as though it will be simple to do, though no time at present.
Kind regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by HRVistaWeather on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tony
Huon River Vista - South Franklin Weather - Tasmania
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus - FARS, Cumulus MX, 2 Soil Temp/Moist Solar/Rad.

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:06 am

that looks cool unfortunately I have no webcam facility but certainly an interesting feature and use of design you have done..Brian

Steepleian
Weather Station: Ambient WS-1001
Operating System: Debian 9

Postby Steepleian » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:02 am

weatherist34 wrote:good morning

actually you were not totally at error it highlighted a typo in the main dark .css file

so I have attached a replacement along with the cache browser busting trick in the index.php .

updated the forecast folder to display data not available when underground is down or the forecasts are unavailable

included newer sag image that reside in the rain folder in the css folder

just replace all file included in zip..

Good morning Brian,

Can you please check the mph setting in this forecast update, I cannot get forecasts to display mph. Not sure if it is me but the previous version works ok with my current settings but the new version does not. Have attempted alternative settings but stays on km/h.

Ian

Toxic17
Weather Station: Davis VPro2 Plus
Operating System: Deb 9.3 Stretch

Postby Toxic17 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:25 am

Steepleian wrote:Good morning Brian,

Can you please check the mph setting in this forecast update, I cannot get forecasts to display mph. Not sure if it is me but the previous version works ok with my current settings but the new version does not. Have attempted alternative settings but stays on km/h.

Ian

Ian, visiting your site it is showing mph to me. perhaps a CTRL-F5 refresh or clearing your browsers Cache will help?
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS

Steepleian

Postby Steepleian » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:41 am

Toxic17 wrote:

Ian

Ian, visiting your site it is showing mph to me. perhaps a CTRL-F5 refresh or clearing your browsers Cache will help?

Hi Simon,

When did you look? I have been switching backwards and forwards to check the old and new forecasts. My cache is empty (on a Mac its alt+cmd+e) plus I am using the new index.php with Brian's cache trick. The new forecast is currently displaying km/h in Safari, Chrome and Firefox. Can you check what you are seeing now in Chrome and Firefox please (and Safari if you have access to an Apple device).

Thanks,
Ian

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:03 pm

Steepleian wrote:
Toxic17 wrote:

Ian

Hi Simon,

When did you look? I have been switching backwards and forwards to check the old and new forecasts. My cache is empty (on a Mac its alt+cmd+e) plus I am using the new index.php with Brian's cache trick. The new forecast is currently displaying km/h in Safari, Chrome and Firefox. Can you check what you are seeing now in Chrome and Firefox please (and Safari if you have access to an Apple device).

Thanks,
Ian

SORRY MY FAULT ... ever heard the phrase if aint broke don't fix it ...think im going to stick to that from now ..

just replace existing forecastwu3.php from attached zip into the forecast folder... sorry for the inconvenience I left out the UK conversion ......oooooof

Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steepleian

Postby Steepleian » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:55 pm

SORRY MY FAULT ... ever heard the phrase if aint broke don't fix it ...think im going to stick to that from now ..

just replace existing forecastwu3.php from attached zip into the forecast folder... sorry for the inconvenience I left out the UK conversion ......oooooof

Brian

Thanks Brian, but don't beat yourself up. With all the support you have given to this community I think you are allowed to be human like the rest of us! I just think it is amazing what you are doing and stimulating the rest of us to come up with ideas and all the collaboration that is going on. I for one have learnt so much and on the odd occasion when things don't work, that is when I learn the most.

Have a good week-end.

Ian

Steepleian

Postby Steepleian » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:59 pm

HRVistaWeather wrote:Hi Brian,
Finally have my Time-Lapse videos up and running , so added them to the template.
https://southfranklinweather.com/dashboard/timelapse.php
ATimelapse.PNG
ATimelapse2.PNG
I only just noticed all the other changes (Yearly Charts) etc. Very Nice.
I'll have to find time one day (unless Mapantz or Toxic) elect to add them to the MySql version. A quick look and it looks as though it will be simple to do, though no time at present.
Kind regards,

Tony this is really cool. This will be my stimulus to get my webcam and time-lapse back up and running.

Ian

HRVistaWeather

Postby HRVistaWeather » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:40 am

Hi Brian,
I had some time to play with mysql extracharts : https://southfranklinweather.com/dashboard/lastyearcharts.php
Have them working, though need to tidy ups heaps and fine tune layouts over next couple of weeks when time permits.
I did them in my CU-X7WXSIM/MySql version, and while doing so and cross checking against current other versions, I noticed that the default "todayrainfall.php" has no conversion applied.
.eg

Code: Select all

" dataPoints2.push({label:moment(rowData[0]).format('HH:mm'),y:parseFloat(rowData[9])}); "

Also: all Rainfall related chart files (I think) only have "( yValueFormatString: "#0.# "; )" instead of say "( yValueFormatString: "#0.##"; )" or "( yValueFormatString: "#0.### "; )", the additional ##'s allowing better display of the value when converted to .in from mm. Else in most cases it just displays 0in or 0.0in

As I had not used Dewpoint Charts for MySql until now I added Dewpoint(Hi/Lo) to my conversion file. My rowData[#] are different with MySql.

$dewpointconv='parseFloat(rowData[2]';$dewpointconvhi='parseFloat(rowData[4]';$dewpointconvlo='parseFloat(rowData[5]';

and

$dewpointconv='parseFloat((rowData[2] *1.8) +32';$dewpointconvhi='parseFloat((rowData[4] *1.8) +32';$dewpointconvlo='parseFloat((rowData[5] *1.8) +32';

alastyearscharts.PNG

Kind regards,
Tony

billy
Weather Station: Oregon WMR200
Operating System: RPi jessie

Postby billy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:02 am

Yesterday I downloaded the dashboard from the weather34 website (the Cumulus CU-X7 version last updated 2 Jan 2018) and it is running nicely at http://tillyspaws.com/pws/.

First I want to say thank you to Brian for producing a very, very smart product. I have been reading some of the history via this topic, and I have to say I am deeply disappointed - but not entirely surprised - with the attempts to cash in on it. It is highly professional - the product that is, not the behaviour of those who have plagiarized it! I'm pleased and delighted Brian remains active in this space!!

And a thank you to those who have extended or modified the dashboard and provide those mods.

Two little things. First, despite setting "Reverse the moonphase for southern hemisphere (i.e. Australia etc..)" to 180, the moon is not rotating to show the southern hemisphere view. Have I downloaded the correct version or do I need to tweak the relevant files as per previous posts?

Second, getting the WU data seems a bit flaky - not helped probably by my dodgy internet connection that seems to have taken a turn for the worse concomitant with the imminent arrival to my area of the (in)famous nbn here in Australia. As I upload all my data (monthly, dayfile, realtime) to a mySQL database this seems a more sensible source for the graphs. Are the modifications that allow easy access to a mySQL db somewhere in the 1226 posts on the 82 pages of this topic and I have missed them? Or is a pm to Tony the way to go?!

thanks again.

HRVistaWeather

Postby HRVistaWeather » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:25 am

Hi Billy,
Good to see a Perth boy on board, I was in Perth for my Employers Xmas doo prior to Xmas.
Any way, you are correct, you will need to amend (3) files regards the Southern Hemisphere Moon issue.
Brian gracefully supplied the ability to choose 0 or 180 (North/South) Hemisphere in an earlier release http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15136&p=127269#p127250, thought he has been snowed under with multiple mods and additional project, so a few bits have been missed in the current release.
I did provide some info back then in order to get it functioning http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15136&p=127269#p127269, however I assume the minimal Southern Hemisphere User use has resulted in it not being highlighted until now.

So to fix your issue on both the pop up page and index page , see below.
Note: this at some stage needs applying to the default templates Brian. Though have only tested in S/H I envisage it will work for both (N/H and S/H).

in Current : moonphase.php (released recently 2nd Jan I think)

on Line 198

<div class="moonposition">

To:

<div class "moonposition" style="font-size:16px;line-height:20px;padding-top:2px;-webkit-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);-moz-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);-ms-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);-o-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);">

in Current : info/moondata.php (released recently 2nd Jan I think)

on Line 154

<div id="Moon34" style="-webkit-transform:rotate(<?php if ($moonangle<0) {echo '0';}else echo number_format($moonangle*0.01/6.5,1);?>&deg;"> 

To:
<div id="Moon34" style="-webkit-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);-moz-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);-ms-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);-o-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);">   

in Current : daylight.php (released recently 2nd Jan I think)

on Line 253

<div class="moonimage">

To:

<div class="moonimage" style="font-size:14px;line-height:20px;padding-top:2px;-webkit-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);-moz-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);-ms-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);-o-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);">

Updated : (3) files require Mods

Billy Re: the MySql (yes) PM me though at present I do not have a latest release of Brian's CU-X7 (WU) converted to MySql.

Kind regards,
Tony

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:37 am

HRVistaWeather wrote:Hi Billy,
Good to see a Perth boy on board, I was in Perth for my Employers Xmas doo prior to Xmas.
Any way, you are correct, you will need to amend (3) files regards the Southern Hemisphere Moon issue.
Brian gracefully supplied the ability to choose 0 or 180 (North/South) Hemisphere in an earlier release http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15136&p=127269#p127250, thought he has been snowed under with multiple mods and additional project, so a few bits have been missed in the current release.
I did provide some info back then in order to get it functioning http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15136&p=127269#p127269, however I assume the minimal Southern Hemisphere User use has resulted in it not being highlighted until now.

So to fix your issue on both the pop up page and index page , see below.
Note: this at some stage needs applying to the default templates Brian. Though have only tested in S/H I envisage it will work for both (N/H and S/H).

in Current : moonphase.php (released recently 2nd Jan I think)

on Line 198

<div class="moonposition">

To:

<div class "moonposition" style="font-size:16px;line-height:20px;padding-top:2px;-webkit-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);-moz-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);-ms-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);-o-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);">

in Current : info/moondata.php (released recently 2nd Jan I think)

on Line 154

<div id="Moon34" style="-webkit-transform:rotate(<?php if ($moonangle<0) {echo '0';}else echo number_format($moonangle*0.01/6.5,1);?>&deg;"> 

To:
<div id="Moon34" style="-webkit-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);-moz-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);-ms-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);-o-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);">   

in Current : daylight.php (released recently 2nd Jan I think)

on Line 253

<div class="moonimage">

To:

<div class="moonimage" style="font-size:14px;line-height:20px;padding-top:2px;-webkit-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);-moz-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);-ms-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);-o-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);">

Updated : (3) files require Mods

Billy Re: the MySql (yes) PM me though at present I do not have a latest release of Brian's CU-X7 (WU) converted to MySql.

Kind regards,

good morning

thanks for the kind words Billy but lets no worry about the the past just move on and add the little improvements step by step . I have attached a replacement file update

for daylight.php , moonphase.php and info folder just simply replace all . these have all the improvements mentioned made by Tony above for the reverse 180 deg for Southern Hemisphere .

sorry im a bit slow catching up at times but Tony produces a lot of improvements but I fail miserably to fully implement them into the downloads for one reason or the other.most of the time I forget or don't closely look at exactly what he is doing. it doesn't get overwhelming these days so much I just get preoccupied .

Brian

sfws
Weather Station: Customised Fine Offset
Operating System: off-line Vista and W10 PCs

Postby sfws » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:57 am

HRVistaWeather wrote:you will need to amend (3) files regards the Southern Hemisphere Moon issue.

-webkit-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);
-moz-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);
-ms-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);
-o-transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);
transform:rotate(<?php echo $hemisphere;?>deg);

The replacement code does not have to be quite so extensive. Apart from Edge and Internet Explorer, all other browsers support CSS3 and the "transform" property without a prefix. Microsoft requires a "webkit-" prefix (but IE 9 and below use "ms-"), so basically first and last declarations are sufficient for any modern browser and add for old browsers the middle declaration, then will work on any browser. No browsers will accept moz- or o- prefixes.
See https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/transform#Browser_compatibility or other places where compatibility with CSS3 is discussed.

Return to “Web site - General”