If you use Cumulus, please donate Image

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderators: daj, TNETWeather

weatherist34
Weather Station: Fine Offset HP1000/2000
Operating System: OS X Sierra

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby weatherist34 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:41 pm

hi

thank you both just realised i uploaded the wrong version earlier today , (it is friday 13th) so my sincere apologies.

so just updated the download , and fixed the cumulus link http://sandaysoft.com (thanks always good to have that extra pair of eyes). this one does not have the scripts to call those js files so shouldn't get 404.
this version has the correct alignment for the 3 day forecast when single values or zero values fail to align . you can see the old example on pauls i attached a screen clip.

also i notice you use a UV script , i frequently get ask for something like this from Davis VP2 users who don't have the extra add ons .

can you enlighten us a bit on this ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 x64 - A beast.

Postby Mapantz » Fri May 13, 2016 5:19 pm

Hi Brian

I'm seeing a small bug in the monthly temperature graph. I noticed that the minimum temperatures weren't matching up to what I have been recording, so I did a check again my data summary and found that it is actually showing the average temperature. :)

Keep up the good work! I'm still using it every day, and it works a treat on my new LG G5 phone.

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 w/Envoy USB
Operating System: Windows-8

Postby PaulMy » Fri May 13, 2016 6:02 pm

Brian,
Got it updated, and looks good.

Mapantz,
I have checked Homeweather graph (May low 0.3°C) vs my Cumulus dayfile.txt (0.3°C) and my WU history for May (0.3°C) and that low temp seems correct. My Cumulus May16log.txt has the lows of 0.4°C in its 10 minute logs around that time, which would have missed the 0.3°C time period. Is there somewhere else I could check to see the difference that you have noticed?

Paul

water01
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Windows 7 64bit HP SP1

Postby water01 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:31 pm

Were you asking me about UV when you said
also i notice you use a UV script , i frequently get ask for something like this from Davis VP2 users who don't have the extra add ons .

If it was I am using a modified get-UV-forecast-inc.php (modified to provide UV readings to Mark Crossley's gauges where I have a UV gauge) and I altered solar.php. I have attached the files.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mapantz

Postby Mapantz » Fri May 13, 2016 8:56 pm

PaulMy wrote:Brian,
Got it updated, and looks good.

Mapantz,
I have checked Homeweather graph (May low 0.3°C) vs my Cumulus dayfile.txt (0.3°C) and my WU history for May (0.3°C) and that low temp seems correct. My Cumulus May16log.txt has the lows of 0.4°C in its 10 minute logs around that time, which would have missed the 0.3°C time period. Is there somewhere else I could check to see the difference that you have noticed?

Paul

Hi

Take a look at the data summary here: http://www.warehamwx.co.uk/cumulus/datasummary.php

I also had a look at my wunderground graphs: https://www.wunderground.com/personal-w ... 13/mcustom

The minimums all match my data summary, give or take 0.1 of a degree. I'm not sure how it's getting the average on the homeweather template though?
http://www.warehamwx.co.uk

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 w/Envoy USB
Operating System: Windows-8

Postby PaulMy » Fri May 13, 2016 9:38 pm

I now see what you are saying, your May low temperature in Homeweather is the same as your low average temperature in your datasummary page. In checking mine, that is not the case for me: the Homeweather May low is the same as my datasummary May low. And I have no thought on how/why that would be different for you.

Paul

Mapantz

Postby Mapantz » Fri May 13, 2016 10:18 pm

PaulMy wrote:I now see what you are saying, your May low temperature in Homeweather is the same as your low average temperature in your datasummary page. In checking mine, that is not the case for me: the Homeweather May low is the same as my datasummary May low. And I have no thought on how/why that would be different for you.

Paul

I've just deleted everything, purged all the files through cloudflare, then reinstalled the fresh, latest release, and it's all working fine and dandy now. :lol:
It may have been a small bug from a previous version, and it was still cached.

I love viewing the template on a mobile device while i'm out & about. We had two small thunderstorms in two days (rare to get even one here) - It was great watching what was going on.
It inspired me to update my Cumulus site, and make that more mobile/tablet friendly too. :)

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Sat May 14, 2016 7:10 am

water01 wrote:Were you asking me about UV when you said

If it was I am using a modified get-UV-forecast-inc.php (modified to provide UV readings to Mark Crossley's gauges where I have a UV gauge) and I altered solar.php. I have attached the files.

thank you will take a look at it , as I said above could be of benefit to those who don't have the additional UV sensor .

mapantz( i wonder if any non UK person shares the humour of your username :-) i certainly do being a only fools & horses fanatic amongst others like katherine tate..)
as for the graphs i sent you an email this morning based on cloudfare .thanks for the flattering comments its taken a while but its getting there just sometimes a minor change can be perfect or totally wrong when releasing a minor update out into the wilds . sometimes battling different server configurations can be daunting as browser compatibility.
as for thunderstorms here in Istanbul we get many intense thunderstorms and flash floods but we lack any consistency in rainfall we get short burst and a hour later its bone dry and being from UK its very noticeable ,local reservoirs and lakes are almost empty by mid august.

as ever Paul thanks for the feedback it has taken a while you have pretty much been using it since day one , i guess it will never be perfect but the on going minor changes hopefully will get it near on ,next step is implimenting the data generated by cumulus into the charts as I now have access to other files ,albeit it will be a while as now we are fast approaching stupid hot season, locally averages of 30+ for months (till late September) if the last 10 years have been anything to go by and unlikely i will be sitting in front of a computer screen much.

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:08 am

water01 wrote:Were you asking me about UV when you said

hi

i have modified it slightly to read the settings from the original template settings.php and it works really nicely , awaiting permission to actually use it and add it as an option in the template download as i see it was originally from the saratoga template , i don't want assume its ok so if the author is ok with it i will add it on.

many many thanks .brian

water01

Postby water01 » Sat May 14, 2016 9:26 am

Think that should be OK if you see here http://saratoga-weather.org/scripts-UVforecast.php but best to check.

duke
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus - 24hr FARS
Operating System: Windows 10 - 64 bit

Postby duke » Sun May 15, 2016 7:29 am

I have joined the club and installed this early this morning while waking up ;) . Worked out of the box, no issues.

I have just one query, and I may still be asleep, I'm in the UK yet my earth quake data is Turkey and I do not see where to edit this.

Nightingale realtime
Duke

Nightingale Weather
Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
------------------------------------------------------
Validate your pages - often!

water01

Postby water01 » Sun May 15, 2016 7:43 am

Duke, that puzzled me at first and then I read the setup.rtf file (it is in the zip file), and I think you, like me, have missed the fact you have to set up two cron jobs on your server, to get the relevant data from wunderground.

Once you do that you get relevant Earthquake data from your local area.

duke

Postby duke » Sun May 15, 2016 7:57 am

Ah, the old setup.rtf, I did say I was half asleep didn't I?

Thanks David.
Duke

Nightingale Weather
Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK

duke

Postby duke » Sun May 15, 2016 9:05 am

Done, unfortunately WU is having a moment and says my email address is not registered on their system so I cannot obtain the API key.
Duke

Nightingale Weather
Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Mon May 16, 2016 8:56 am

hi all
New UVindex features primarily for users with no UV hardware measurement capabilitites however implemented UV forecast modal into all versions see screenshots below/attached
firstly many thanks to user water01 for the idea for this new feature.
secondly many thanks to Ken True (saratoga creator) for allowing us to use the script.

to use i have modified some areas to adapt to the template and renamed the files as not to cause a possible conflict for those using saratoga template (just a cautionary measure).

the settings.php has been updated to allow simple usage of the addon if required

$uvhardware = "solar1.php"; // solar.php for UVINDEX HARDWARE or solar1.php if you have no UVINDEX Hardware

download via http://www.idesign34.com/homepws/homeweather.html

Return to “Web site - General”