Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderators: daj, TNETWeather

weatherist34
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby weatherist34 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:54 am

Toxic17 wrote:Anyone else finding no data in the "Forecast Ahead" link forecast10.php ???

cant seem to see why data is not being populated.

https://www.conligwx.org/pws1/forecast/forecast10.php

All my other forecasts from WU work and

https://www.conligwx.org/pws1/forecast/hour.php

https://www.conligwx.org/pws1/forecast/outlook.php

work fine.

https://www.conligwx.org/pws1/jsondata/ ... update.txt

is populated.

Cant anyone help in diagnosing forecast10.php file is doing, or not in this case.


hi

any modifications to the file ? when comparing to the CU-X5 download version yours is different ?

ORIGINAL

n.avewind.dir + " <span class='fgcontrast' style='font-size:11px;font-weight:400;'>" + n.maxwind.kph + "</span> km/h " )


YOURS missing code

n.avewind.dir + " <span class='fgcontrast' style='font-size:11px;font-weight:400;'>" + " )

hope it helps ...brian

User avatar
Toxic17
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.1 Stretch
Location: Bangor, NI
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby Toxic17 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:01 am

Sorry - What file is this code missing from?
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
https://www.conligwx.org/pws1/

https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS
Image

User avatar
Toxic17
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.1 Stretch
Location: Bangor, NI
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby Toxic17 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:08 am

I have just downloaded a new version. Line 54 of forecast10.php:

Code: Select all

            n.avewind.dir + " <span class='fgcontrast' style='font-size:11px;font-weight:400;'>" +  <?php


so something is missing from the "original" cu zip file.

I have amended the file with the code, but I still get no output.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
https://www.conligwx.org/pws1/

https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS
Image

weatherist34
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby weatherist34 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:30 am

Toxic17 wrote:I have just downloaded a new version. Line 54 of forecast10.php:

Code: Select all

            n.avewind.dir + " <span class='fgcontrast' style='font-size:11px;font-weight:400;'>" +  <?php


so something is missing from the "original" cu zip file.

I have amended the file with the code, but I still get no output.


cant be missing im using the same file all the time

try attached modified from the download and let me know what happens ? I only have 7.1.8 or 7.2(BETA) sorry no 7.1.9 try it might work
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Toxic17
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.1 Stretch
Location: Bangor, NI
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby Toxic17 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:00 pm

Thanks Brian, though did not work on my setup. rolled back to 7.1.8 too and still no luck, must be some obscure setup I have. not to worry its only one popup.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
https://www.conligwx.org/pws1/

https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS
Image

weatherist34
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby weatherist34 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:19 pm

Toxic17 wrote:Thanks Brian, though did not work on my setup. rolled back to 7.1.8 too and still no luck, must be some obscure setup I have. not to worry its only one popup.


ok no problem doesn't really resolve it tho ...ill keep an eye open if anyone gets the same issue..

User avatar
Toxic17
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.1 Stretch
Location: Bangor, NI
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby Toxic17 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:50 pm

weatherist34 wrote:ok no problem doesn't really resolve it tho ...ill keep an eye open if anyone gets the same issue..


I used "inspect" via chrome and the following issues were found.

index.php:204 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined at index.php:204

Code: Select all

line 204:      <div id="dldata"></div>


forecast/forecast10.php:34 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token )

seems to lead to:

line 59 - ?>) }}

not sure if that means anything to you?
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
https://www.conligwx.org/pws1/

https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS
Image

weatherist34
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby weatherist34 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:04 pm

Toxic17 wrote:
weatherist34 wrote:ok no problem doesn't really resolve it tho ...ill keep an eye open if anyone gets the same issue..


I used "inspect" via chrome and the following issues were found.

index.php:204 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined at index.php:204

Code: Select all

line 204:      <div id="dldata"></div>


forecast/forecast10.php:34 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token )

seems to lead to:

line 59 - ?>) }}

not sure if that means anything to you?


try this one attached think your notice the difference ..:-) Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Toxic17
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.1 Stretch
Location: Bangor, NI
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby Toxic17 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:29 pm

weatherist34 wrote:try this one attached think your notice the difference ..:-) Brian


its display is slightly different, but same result. no data.

https://www.conligwx.org/pws1/forecast/forecast10.php
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
https://www.conligwx.org/pws1/

https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS
Image

weatherist34
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby weatherist34 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:33 am

Toxic17 wrote:
weatherist34 wrote:try this one attached think your notice the difference ..:-) Brian


its display is slightly different, but same result. no data.

https://www.conligwx.org/pws1/forecast/forecast10.php


ok i have attached one more variant however if it dont work there is something amiss because this is basically an extended version of the 3 day forecast which appears on the main screen its almost identical script apart from set to show 10 days as opposed the 3 day..also viewable on my site at https://weather34.com

see screenshot

Image


brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

giantocr
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:22 pm
Weather Station: meteosauwerd.nl
Operating System: Win 7
Location: Sauwerd

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby giantocr » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:10 am

fine.png
weatherist34 wrote:
Toxic17 wrote:
weatherist34 wrote:try this one attached think your notice the difference ..:-) Brian


its display is slightly different, but same result. no data.

https://www.conligwx.org/pws1/forecast/forecast10.php


ok i have attached one more variant however if it dont work there is something amiss because this is basically an extended version of the 3 day forecast which appears on the main screen its almost identical script apart from set to show 10 days as opposed the 3 day..also viewable on my site at https://weather34.com

see screenshot

Image


brian



Hi Brian,

It works fine here

See https://www.sauwerdmeteo.nl/index.php?lang=en

Piet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Toxic17
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.1 Stretch
Location: Bangor, NI
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby Toxic17 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:00 pm

weatherist34 wrote:ok i have attached one more variant however if it dont work there is something amiss because this is basically an extended version of the 3 day forecast which appears on the main screen its almost identical script apart from set to show 10 days as opposed the 3 day..also viewable on my site at https://weather34.com

brian

Brian,

As usual, it was a user error. I changed the following....

$livedata = "../realtime.txt";

should be:

$livedata = "https://www.conligwx/realtime.txt";

Seems to be working now. Apologies for the loss of hair :roll: :lol:
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
https://www.conligwx.org/pws1/

https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS
Image

weatherist34
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby weatherist34 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:40 am

Toxic17 wrote:
weatherist34 wrote:ok i have attached one more variant however if it dont work there is something amiss because this is basically an extended version of the 3 day forecast which appears on the main screen its almost identical script apart from set to show 10 days as opposed the 3 day..also viewable on my site at https://weather34.com

brian

Brian,

As usual, it was a user error. I changed the following....

$livedata = "../realtime.txt";

should be:

$livedata = "https://www.conligwx/realtime.txt";

Seems to be working now. Apologies for the loss of hair :roll: :lol:


no problem i dont have much hair to lose not that I'm bald but example my wife spends £40-50 a month :-( on shampoo me I spend £5 a year :-)

take care...brian

matuh
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:52 pm
Weather Station: Vantage VUE
Operating System: Win10

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby matuh » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi!
I'm just setting up my first weather station and I would like to use this template, but I just can't figure out how to connect this template with my station. I have the default Cumulus setup, but how to start using this template? I can't find any instructions. Are there any available?
Thank you very much!

User avatar
PaulMy
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:54 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 w/Envoy USB
Operating System: Windows-8
Location: Komoka, ON Canada
Contact:

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby PaulMy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:20 pm

You would need your realtime.txt file on your website, then just download the zip, upload to your webserver, use the easysetup (settings) to your particulars and should be all set to go. And you will need a Weather Underground API key, which is free from them, for the forecasts, etc. that Brian has added to the template.

I am not at home to double check but there was a ReadMe file in the zip to help you along.
If any specific questions, just post.

Enjoy,
Paul
http://www.komokaweather.com/pws
http://www.komokaweather.com/pws-mysql


Return to “Web site - General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Steepleian and 5 guests