Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Wunderground Banner Problems

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

Flosex
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Wunderground Banner Problems

Post by Flosex »

I am trying to create a banner, first for my website and then to use when posting messages on the forums here, but I have been going round in circles despite reading a lot of previous messages on the forum, so much so that I am now asking for some help, please.

I am using Cumulus on a Windows 8.1 computer running 24/7 uploading data to my website at <www.g4bue.co.uk/en/Weather/>, Wunderground and WOW, and that is all working fine. I now want to add a banner to the bottom of my home page <www.g4bue.co.uk/en/home/> and have been trying to use the following Wunderground banner:

<object width="290" height="130"><param name="movie" value="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_min ... sh&lang=EN" /><embed src="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_min ... sh&lang=EN" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="290" height="130" /></object>

This shows an outline of the banner on my home page with "Loading ..." and a start > shape button in the centre. When I click on the > button, the banner appears as it should with accurate data, apart from the dewpoint figure (that is currently showing 90% instead of the 54.4% displayed in Cumulus).

How do I get rid of the > button so the banner displays properly when the home page is displayed, please?

Also, is there any reason why just the humidity figure is wrong, whereas all the others (temperature, dew point, rainfall, pressure, and wind speed and direction) are correct?

Also, when I view my home page using Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop, it shows the banner as described above, but when I view the home page, also using Chrome, on my ipad, it doesn't show the banner at all.

Finally, is there a better banner (and perhaps a simpler one that is easier for me to get working properly) than the Wunderground one I have been trying to use? I tried a TNET Services banner for Cumulus but couldn't get that working at all, despite ensuring the banner.php file is in the same folder as the Cumulus realtime.txt file.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Chris
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Wunderground Banner Problems

Post by water01 »

David
Flosex
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Post by Flosex »

Thanks David but there are so many messages at that reference, I don't know which one to try!

Can you direct me to the best one, please?

Thanks

Chris
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

If you follow the second post it takes you to https://www.tnetweather.com/projects/downloads and the banner code and a PDF file describing the setup is available from the line Cumulus PHP-GD Banner.
David
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

The link that David posted is what I use. Initially the default, and edited it slightly about a year ago to show a bit more colour and background.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm