Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

PHP web viewer for NOAA reports-Problem

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

bobhutton
Weather Station: Fine Offset
Operating System: Windows 7

PHP web viewer for NOAA reports-Problem

Post by bobhutton »

I have been using the excellent PHP web viewer for NOAA reports for about three years locally without any problems.

At the turn of the year I found that Cumulus had stopped writing the files to C:\xampp\htdocs\NOAA-reports. I have made no changes to any configuration files, so I am puzzled by what is wrong.

Any advice will be welcomed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: PHP web viewer for NOAA reports-Problem

Post by steve »

What you've supplied for FTP directory looks like a local directory on your PC, so I think it's unlikely that will work. As far as I can remember, there is no facility in Cumulus to copy the NOAA report files locally, only to upload them via FTP. If it was working previously, perhaps you had set up some other mechanism to get them copied locally?

I may be missing something about how you have xampp configured, of course.
Steve
bobhutton
Weather Station: Fine Offset
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by bobhutton »

Thanks for the reply. Of course you are the xpert on what Cumulus does.
I have no recollection of having done anything other than configure the NOAA elements as shown in the screenshot, so I must assume that I did something and will need to delve into it. The strange thing is why it has gone belly-up on 1st January this year.

Thanks again
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

bobhutton wrote:Of course you are the xpert on what Cumulus does.
Except that I have done no work on Cumulus 1 for a very long time, my memory is not good, and I don't have easy access to the Cumulus 1 source code now I am on extended holiday. And it may well be that your ftp server accepts that form of path, for all I know.

Anyway, if the problem is with FTP, you should turn on FTP logging and then look at ftplog.txt after the first upload after midnight has taken place. Do you have Cumulus configured to upload all the other files by FTP, or by copying them?
Steve