Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Customiced webtags

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

Frank G
Weather Station: WH1080 SE
Operating System: 5.4.79.7, Raspbian GNU/Linux

Customiced webtags

Post by Frank G »

Hi,

is it possible to create my "own" webtag (like: <#greatings> = Hello world) and store it in a special file like "MyWebtags.txt" and cumulusMX is reading this file and uses the information of "my own" webtag in the html-files?

Thanks in advance
Frank
Weather at Buchenau/Germany: https://wetter.buchenau-net.de
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Customiced webtags

Post by steve »

No, that's not possible. If the text is fixed, i.e. not generated dynamically by Cumulus, I'm not sure I see the purpose? Why not just put the text into your web page?
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

There are the <#currcond> and <#currcondenc> tags that are read from the currentconditions.txt - if you aren't already using that tag.

But as Steve said, the most flexible thing to do is put the data on the web site yourself - or get Cumulus to do it via a script called using the external programs feature.
Frank G
Weather Station: WH1080 SE
Operating System: 5.4.79.7, Raspbian GNU/Linux

Post by Frank G »

Hi,
thanks for your reply.
The reason of my question is, that I want use it for the menue. The menue is in all of my Cumulus web pages the same. If I have to change something in the menue, I have to do it "x"-times. My idea was to put the html-code of the menue into a seperate file and "import" it via a customiced webtag.
But no problem, I solved it now with PHP.

Thanks
Frank
Weather at Buchenau/Germany: https://wetter.buchenau-net.de