Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Meteotemplate

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderators: daj, TNETWeather

jachym
Weather Station: WH 1080
Operating System: Win XP

Re: Meteotemplate

Postby jachym » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:33 pm

MT can be updated as often as the user wants, some use 3s, it is only a problem if your server supports cron jobs in minutely intervals.

K8POS
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 7

Postby K8POS » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:32 pm

I figured out the Cron job part, have it running several cron jobs with a SLEEP function. It updates every 12-15 seconds depending on server load. Have to give the Update.php file time to run.
I still can not figure out where the data for the wind speed is coming from. It appears to be using AVERAGE wind speed, and not the CURRENT wind speed. You can see the wind direction changing and some of the other gauges with every time update (cron job ran) but wind speed appears very static. Still hunting to see where it gets the data from. I have been in contact with Jachym on this, and he is not sure either.
see also this post by me. http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16640

I really like the Meteotemplate, it looks nice and can be pretty customized with a few tweaks, but this one is throwing me.

K8POS
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 7

Postby K8POS » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:49 am

Just to close this out. I had my cron job running every 15 seconds, (used a sleep function).
While this worked just fine, Meteotemplate uses a Average wind speed to display on the gauges, so the wind speed would only change every 1-5 minutes. Not being able to figure out where the gauge was getting the data from, I went back to Mr. Crossley's original SS-Gauge set, reinstalled the newest version. Have it working perfectly within Meteotemplate, and giving me 10 second updates. Turned off all the extra cron jobs that were running, (server guys were happy).
Just have to tweak the credits at the bottom of the page, they are not showing up, (sorry Mark I will fix it)

Thanks everyone for the help.

Return to “Web site - General”