Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Meteotemplate

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

jachym
Weather Station: WH 1080
Operating System: Win XP

Re: Meteotemplate

Post by jachym »

MT can be updated as often as the user wants, some use 3s, it is only a problem if your server supports cron jobs in minutely intervals.
K8POS
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by K8POS »

I figured out the Cron job part, have it running several cron jobs with a SLEEP function. It updates every 12-15 seconds depending on server load. Have to give the Update.php file time to run.
I still can not figure out where the data for the wind speed is coming from. It appears to be using AVERAGE wind speed, and not the CURRENT wind speed. You can see the wind direction changing and some of the other gauges with every time update (cron job ran) but wind speed appears very static. Still hunting to see where it gets the data from. I have been in contact with Jachym on this, and he is not sure either.
see also this post by me. https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16640

I really like the Meteotemplate, it looks nice and can be pretty customized with a few tweaks, but this one is throwing me.
K8POS
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by K8POS »

Just to close this out. I had my cron job running every 15 seconds, (used a sleep function).
While this worked just fine, Meteotemplate uses a Average wind speed to display on the gauges, so the wind speed would only change every 1-5 minutes. Not being able to figure out where the gauge was getting the data from, I went back to Mr. Crossley's original SS-Gauge set, reinstalled the newest version. Have it working perfectly within Meteotemplate, and giving me 10 second updates. Turned off all the extra cron jobs that were running, (server guys were happy).
Just have to tweak the credits at the bottom of the page, they are not showing up, (sorry Mark I will fix it)

Thanks everyone for the help.
courtil
Weather Station: Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 11

Post by courtil »

Hello everyone,

a new version of METEOTEMPLATE is online.

Meteotemplate 17.0 Nectarine

Extracts from the METEOTEMPLATE Blog:

new responsive Bootstrap homepage - you can choose if you want to use this fixed, 100% responsive one,
gold the original customizable mobile homepage.

offline notifications - you can now enable email notifications when your station goes online
(Control panel -> offline notifications). Bear in mind you will need a CRON job for this.

deleting block cache - block cache can now be deleted from the Block page setup, no need to use your FTP client

new date / time formats in the main setup

possibility to add custom links to Admin menu tab

error checker - check for ZIP file support

The designer now uses a token and a license that can be obtained for a contribution ....

cordially

Michel says Courtil

http://lecourtilauxepines.eu
Station Météo : Vantage PRO2
Cumulus MX 3.14.2 b3169
CumulusUtils
http://meteo621.free.fr/
courtil
Weather Station: Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 11

Post by courtil »

Hello everyone,

In updating the data on METEOTEMPLATE, I abandoned the update of the data by WUNDERGROUND.

Structural problems of this site have caused multiple halts of the updates.

On the other hand locally if the local pc stops or reboote, Wunderground stops its recordings, I have to restart the CUMULUSMX to get the update but with losses of the previous data.

Therefore I use Realtime.txt now, of course it is necessary that the remote site accepts the download, to ask you to your access provider.

cordially

Michel says Courtil
Station Météo : Vantage PRO2
Cumulus MX 3.14.2 b3169
CumulusUtils
http://meteo621.free.fr/