Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Need help/instructions to arrange the weather data from my software SWPI to CumulusMX

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

WimT
Weather Station: WH3080
Operating System: Raspberry B+, Noobs, CumulusMX

Need help/instructions to arrange the weather data from my software SWPI to CumulusMX

Post by WimT »

Hello Guys,

I need help/instructions to arrange the weather data from my software SWPI to CumulusMX so it can online .

I want to serve the CumulusMX web element locally - I am not trying to FTP files to a web hosting company.
I did research with wiki CumulusMX but all i tryed it did not work.

Hardware; Raspberry Pi B+ (software Debian, Jessie)
Software installed; SWPI 01.24.65 (Sint wind pi), Cumulus MX v.3.0.0 build 3043
( dashboard :8998 visible without data, clock is running)

First to inform you, to receive data from my weatherstation Fine-offset WH3080 i use the free software SWPI (with rtl-sdr dongle), coming from the website. https://www.vololiberomontecucco.it/vlm ... umentation

My problems/questions;
1) how to arrange the json or FTP data from SWPI to CumulusMX. (i like the large complete CumulusMX dashboard to use)

The SWPI config features; see pict. (swpi datalogging) and see pict. (swpi upload-ftp)

The reasons for me to use SWPI software;
1) reliable weather-data from SWPI working on raspberry pi (for me version B+), software Debian (jessie)
2) a lot of features inside the SWPI software, also dashboard (wich i cannot use)
3) cheap equipment only raspberry-pi and rtl-sdr Dongle.
4) NO longer problems with usb-lockup, because the fine-offset WH3080 console is no longer needed.

Looking forward to read the reactions,
With kind regards,
Wim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by WimT on Mon 16 Oct 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Need help/instructions to arrange the weather data from my software SWPI to CumulusMX

Post by mcrossley »

You will have a little bit a job on doing that.

First you need to get the raw data into the monthly file format - see http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Monthly_log_files

Once you have done that you can use Cumulus v1 on a Windows machine to rebuild most of the other files and the records files - there are threads on doing that on the forum if you search.

When you have done that then you can switch to using CumulusMX on your Pi using all the data files created by Cumulus v1 on the Windows machine. Just make sure you use the same locale settings on both boxes. There are some minor differences in the Cumulus.ini file that you will have to manually tweak when moving from Cumulus v1 to MX.
WimT
Weather Station: WH3080
Operating System: Raspberry B+, Noobs, CumulusMX

Re: Need help/instructions to arrange the weather data from my software SWPI to CumulusMX

Post by WimT »

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your feedback, i did not suspect it was that complex but i give it try.
As soon i have a result i let you know.

Wim