Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

End of WU Wecam Service.

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

End of WU Wecam Service.

Post by ConligWX »

Read and weep... :roll:
We wanted to share some important news with you. After 10 years of proudly displaying webcam footage across our website, apps and via our API, we sadly have to remove this functionality as we no longer have the necessary resources to maintain it.

On December 15, 2017, we’ll remove the webcam feeds from our API – meaning the ability to access webcam footage across any of our properties will no longer be available.

This shouldn’t affect any of your other API services.

This wasn’t an easy decision for us and while we can no longer host webcam feeds on our servers, we want to thank you for your continued support over the years.

We’ve also created this FAQ page to help address any questions you might have.
https://apicommunity.wunderground.com/w ... i-services
WU says goodbye to Webcams
← Webcams
At Weather Underground, our mission has always been to provide “weather for all” – for anyone, any location, across any medium, and through any lens. We know it’s an incredible experience to witness colorful sunrises and sunsets, various cloud formations, and other awe-inspiring weather events, which is why we’ve always encouraged you to capture them with your cameras, phones, and webcams.

After 10 years of proudly displaying your webcam footage across our website and apps, we sadly have to remove this functionality as we no longer have the necessary resources to maintain it. On December 15, 2017, we’ll remove the webcam feeds from our website, mobile apps, and within our API – meaning uploading and accessing webcam footage will no longer be available.

This wasn’t an easy decision for us and while we can no longer host your webcam feeds on our servers, we hope you’ll continue to keep your webcams running and an eye on the sky.

We’ve created this FAQ page to help address any questions you might have.
FAQ

Q: What will happen to my webcam footage between November 15th and December 15th?

Beginning on November 15th, the option to add new webcams to our system will be removed. All existing webcam feeds will remain visible; however, new feeds will not be accepted or displayed.

Q: Can I download my existing webcam footage?

Unfortunately, we do not have download functionality for webcam footage.

Q: What will happen on December 15th?

All webcam features will be removed on December 15, 2017, so you will not be able to connect or share webcam footage across any of our properties after that date.

Q: Will I still be able to see the webcam footage I have uploaded to WU after December 15th?

Unfortunately, no. All webcam footage and feeds will be removed from our website, apps, and API on December 15th.

Q: Are there other places I can share my webcam feed?

While there are other webcam communities that exist, we are not aware of any other services willing to host webcam footage free of charge. We recommend contacting your webcam manufacturer to see if they can provide information regarding alternative hosting solutions and community platforms.
http://help.wunderground.com/knowledgeb ... es/1821811
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

uncle_bob
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: 2008

Re: End of WU Wecam Service.

Post by uncle_bob »

That's a shame, but I suppose we had a good run.
Not sure what my next plan is yet.
Interested in building your own Weather Station? Maybe check out the WeatherDuino Pro Project Here
Conder, Canberra Weather
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: End of WU Wecam Service.

Post by PaulMy »

As posted on another forum and as likely most WU webcam uploaders have also received,
We Heard You and Webcams are Here to Stay! View in Browser
Weather Underground

To our webcam community members:

We heard from many of you about how much you like and rely on our webcam product. So we will not discontinue the product as we stated in November. We will continue to allow users to add webcams to the Weather Underground network and everyone can view images from connected webcams.

Thank you for your passionate support and apologies for any inconvenience we caused.

The WU Team
Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm