Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Template Web Pages

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

Bob
Weather Station: Watson W-8681

Template Web Pages

Post by Bob »

Kevin,

Are you going to post the index or indexT page in it's entirity for us to use?

Cheers

Lazy, Bob
Bob

TNETWeather

Re: Template Web Pages

Post by TNETWeather »

I am not really using the index.htm or indexT.htm files at all.

The template pages that I am using are rewrites in PHP that read an exported XML file from Cumulus so that it gets the same info, but the pages themselves are not updated, only the data is.

So the only thing that is uploaded by Cumulus for those pages is a simple data file (and the images).

I am still working out the XML stuff though... I ran into some problems with its loading consistently that I've not figured out yet.

But the Answer is yes... I plan on releasing a template for Cumulus that mimic's the original format that is uploaded by Cumulus by default, using a templated system instead.

I will follow that up with a completely new template format (and perhaps others).
Bob
Weather Station: Watson W-8681

Post by Bob »

Thanks Kevin

Good luck with the development.

Bob
Bob

TNETWeather

Post by TNETWeather »

The templates themselves are done. The realtime XML stuff is working as well. I just need to work out some kinks so that people can easily install and use it. If it is used with Cron, it works very well.

Sample Pages:
http://cumulus.tnetweather.com/

I wanted it to be more on the fly though and that isn't working well.

Documentation sometimes takes as long as making the scripts...
TNETWeather

Post by TNETWeather »

Playing with a new style which will end up being a template. Currently, it is getting all of it's data from the realtime.txt or realtime.log files. Rather than upload an additional set, these are symbolically linked from the main cumulus site that I have which uses a template that looks very similar to the Cumulus built in pages.

This is something that I threw together this morning. I got up early this morning and started to play a bit. I'm kind of adding as I go so they are not nearly complete and currently are not using any tag information.

I did snarfed my GRLevel3 radar stuff from my main weather site to provide a radar page and am using my WXSIM info for a forecast info page. The graphs are slightly modified to change the border color a bit, though I plan on customizing those a bit too...

URL: http://cumulus2.tnet.com

These pages are a templated system with included PHP files. It has a double menu that runs across the top and bottom and is a dark based theme.