Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Help !!

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

dc1500
Weather Station: Watson W-8681 (Fine Offset type)
Operating System: Windows 10

Help !!

Post by dc1500 »

My web page has reverted back to s much earlier version. I haven't edited or altered any of the web files. I have installed build 483 but I didn't think it altered any web files when you did that.
Dave
TNETWeather

Re: Help !!

Post by TNETWeather »

You should always make a copy (backups are a good idea) of your changed content.

If you didn't save your changed template files.... you overwrote them with the new version.

The template files are located in the web directory of your cumulus install directory.
dc1500

Post by dc1500 »

Doh! Thanks Kevin. I thought I'd read somewhere you could install over the top without overwriting. I'll have to backup the template files as well as the data now. As it was my first attempt I'm hoping I can remember the mods I made to indexT.htm et al.
Dave
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

This is really what the 'extra files' option is for. If you want to use your own pages, put them in a different folder on your PC, and turn off uploading of the standard files.

The supplied files in the 'web' folder are part of Cumulus, and Cumulus reserves the right to do whatever it wants with them ;) - it will overwrite them every time you do an install.
Steve
dc1500

Post by dc1500 »

Yes! All back now. Good practice. Believe it or not I am correcting a lot of my own mistakes now as well!
ta, Dave.