Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

spanish file names

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

akshay
Weather Station: Lacross, Oregon Scientific WMR-9
Operating System: win XP pro

spanish file names

Post by akshay »

hi all,
thanks for your support till now.. here i am wid another issue ..little diff though

I have written an application which ftp's cumulus monthly file to my data sserver as it gets populated. It retrieves the month from system date and coverts the file path according to cumulus monthl file name...eg if it is march so it will look for Mar10log.txt an so on... i did this so i dont have to change n give new file path every next month...as in april cumulus will create Apr10log.txt..so my prog will look for the same...

now the prob is that we have some weather stations in chile, where they have spanish version of OS (XP) installed...so i noticed that some months have totally diff names...as system date has spanish month name...like Abril, Agusto..so like in august , cumulus will create Aug10log.txt and my prog will look for Agu10log.txt... i sounds so silly...but i did nt know abt this issue as i did nt wrk with stations over there...

so my ques is that, is there any way to change the file name that cumulus creates, ....i did read in wiki some time back abt some spanish version of cumulus...can that help..

suggest guys
oh ya...have a look http://coromandel.envirotelemetrics.com/index.htm nothing flashy...just a naive effort..

thanks
Akshay
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Re: spanish file names

Post by daj »

HI Akshay

The application you have written needs to take into account the 'Locale' (regional settings) for the users PC in order to work out the filename. Your application would then return the short month format in the correct language. This is what Cumulus itself does.
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
akshay

Post by akshay »

hii, thanks..
well if cumulus does so...then according to local settings it should create monthly file accoeding to spanish file name...am i correct...if its so then i have no issue at all
akshay

Post by akshay »

oh yes...cumulus does so just checked...thanks for ur insight daj...i got it covered now...cheers..
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I'm pleased that this unintentional 'feature' actually turned out to be useful for someone!
Steve
akshay

Post by akshay »

oh yes...you can certainly call this a "feature"