Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Wondering how Cumulus plays with Weather-Display

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

jerryki

Wondering how Cumulus plays with Weather-Display

Post by jerryki »

I have a website (BendWeather.com) that was developed using Weather-Display. It is working well but i would like to update it. Looking at Cumulus, it seems like a great alternative and given TNET's involvement it has potential.
Is there a way to use both Cumulus and Weather-Display? I'd like to develop the redesigned site without disabling the existing site, I also need to continue to keep historical info in the Weather-Display format.

Thank You,
Jerry

www.BendWeather.com
Budgie
Weather Station: LaCrosse WS2300 & Davis VP2

Re: Wondering how Cumulus plays with Weather-Display

Post by Budgie »

If you're wanting to send the data from your weather station to both Cumulus & WD then you'll need something like VirtualVP. If you don't then only one of the programs will be able to interrogate the WS for the data or you'll get conflicts as they both try at the same time.
Unfortunately VirtualVP will only work if you have a Davis VP or VP2.
Once you've got this sorted out then there's no reason you can't run your website using data & images from both programs.

Edit: I see you have VP so you'll be OK with VirtualVP. ;)