IMPORTANT! The server may go down soon - possibly permanently. Please read the latest post in Announcements and News

I strongly advise all users using my server for their web site to make alternative arrangements.

Outgoing mail is disabled because of the malware on the server. No new forum registrations are currently possible, and mail to the forum administrator will not work.

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Additional Webpages - This Month and This Year

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderators: daj, TNETWeather

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Additional Webpages - This Month and This Year

Postby steve » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:04 pm

PaulMy wrote:I have looked in my website /weather folder for the thismonth.htm and thisyear.htm but don't see them. Do I need to add them to the /Cumulus Internet settings 'Include standard files'?

I haven't done any changes to Cumulus for these files, so they're not part of the 'standard' set. You have to tell it about them on the 'files' tab of the internet settings screen. If you haven't used those settings before, have a look at the help and/or the wiki. The only possibly tricky part is getting the destination path/filename correct.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Postby RayProudfoot » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:15 pm

PaulMy wrote:I have downloaded the .zip and extracted in the /cumulus/web folder. Not sure what next to do. Does Cumuluss process these thismonthT and thisyearT with each web update? I have looked in my website /weather folder for the thismonth.htm and thisyear.htm but don't see them. Do I need to add them to the /Cumulus Internet settings 'Include standard files'?

Paul

Paul,

Read my message to Bigmac last Wednesday where I showed a screenshot of my Files page. This shows how you upload ThisMonthYearT.html to your web server. Note the destination filename omits the final T from the name.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

bigmac
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless
Operating System: Raspbian wheezy

Postby bigmac » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:30 am

Hi all,

Just to let you know I managed to get this going! Thanks to advice from all, took a bit of working out but then got the hang of it. Just one small issue I noticed this morning where I'm not displaying This Years pressure record but should be easy to sort.

http://menstonweather.freeglo.net

steve
Cumulus Author

Postby steve » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:47 am

bigmac wrote:Just one small issue I noticed this morning where I'm not displaying This Years pressure record but should be easy to sort.
You've got a missing close bracket on the <td> for those items.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

bigmac

Postby bigmac » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:38 pm

Aw come on Steve, I think fault finding on individuals websites really is too much!! Give yourself a rest man! :D

You do create a rod for your own back, by being so proactive and helpful all the time, I think everyone just comes to expect it now from you!

Anyway, thanks for telling me what the problem was, could have been a while spotting that one. :clap:

RayProudfoot

Postby RayProudfoot » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:20 pm

Well done Bigmac. All you need to do now is put your location in your Cumulus profile. These Yorkshire folk! :lol:
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

bigmac

Postby bigmac » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:33 pm

Just for you Ray :)

<------------------

RayProudfoot

Postby RayProudfoot » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:59 pm

bigmac wrote:Just for you Ray :)

<------------------

I'm sure many of us will appreciate knowing where you live. ;) Have a Big Mac! :D
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 w/Envoy USB
Operating System: Windows-8

Postby PaulMy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:03 am

RayProudfoot wrote:
PaulMy wrote:I have downloaded the .zip and extracted in the /cumulus/web folder. Not sure what next to do. Does Cumuluss process these thismonthT and thisyearT with each web update? I have looked in my website /weather folder for the thismonth.htm and thisyear.htm but don't see them. Do I need to add them to the /Cumulus Internet settings 'Include standard files'?

Paul

Paul,

Read my message to Bigmac last Wednesday where I showed a screenshot of my Files page. This shows how you upload ThisMonthYearT.html to your web server. Note the destination filename omits the final T from the name.

Thanks Ray and Steve, now have it working but just need a little time to get it linked on my webpage.
Paul

steve
Cumulus Author

Postby steve » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:17 am

I'm probably going to make my new 'this month' and 'this year' pages part of the standard set in the next build (including changing the navigation). Just so you know.
Steve
-----

nking
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Windows 10

Postby nking » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:06 am

steve wrote:I'm probably going to make my new 'this month' and 'this year' pages part of the standard set in the next build (including changing the navigation). Just so you know.

Now you're just making it too easy for us :)

JimDantin
Weather Station: WMR-968

Postby JimDantin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:00 pm

steve wrote:I'm probably going to make my new 'this month' and 'this year' pages part of the standard set in the next build (including changing the navigation). Just so you know.

This is great - THANKS!
Thanks
Jim - The Timber Ridge Weather Station, Prospect, KY
http://dantinconsulting.com/

sfws
Weather Station: Customised mix of Fine Offset
Operating System: Tempermental Win. 10 PC

Postby sfws » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:43 am

On my own implementation, I once was manually saving (adding to archive) the generated this month page as close as I was able to be available to the end of each month, and I added a carrier page allowing me to choose to display the current this month or any archived one from a menu of anchor links without having to select the archived page to load by typing its file name into my browser. Of course I forgot some months, or was away from home, and found myself subsequently creating missing past months. My posts yesterday reminded me that I once was using a variant of the daily summary script that was enhanced to give me the value and time-stamp information I needed to create those missing this month pages in my archive; a somewhat slow process as the summary script only shows one criterion at a time and the this_month has a lot of lines!

By now, you are probably wondering what I am talking about and why I have made this post to resurect a thread after 7 years. Well basically, I have from first availability in 2011 of the thisMonth page in Cumulus archived past pages so I have implemented the original request shown in the first post in this thread that said in February 2011:
scramblers wrote:I wish to view any stats that are only available on the netbook ie This Month and This Year.

I was thinking that I would like to add these two sets of information to the standard Cumulus website as separate webpages and be available via the navigation bar. On each page there would be a dropdown box so that you could select a particular month or year.

Reading on through the thread, the request resurfaces without mention of selecting a past month/year, and from version 1.9.2 (build 1002) 5th July 2011 Steve added thismonthT.htm (also mentioned in this thread) and that has been available ever since and is also in Cumulus MX, but of course Steve's implementation only includes current month and year, and as soon as they might represent a complete month or year they are reset to show a blank ready for the new month or year.

For many months now I have had an automatic solution working that means I don't need to manually save a web page to have ability to see any past month. Instead I have web pages written in PHP that display monthlyrecordT.htm like output that show the statistics for more than one month on the same page, I can choose between web pages that show either such statistics for a number of consecutive months or show statistics for the same single month in a number of different years. For a belt and braces approach in case the database gets corrupted (as has happened once) I am still adding to the web-page archive, but it can be done any time after end of month now using the saved web tags mentioned at the end below to feed into my PHP extended version of the standard thismonth web page..

The standard Cumulus end of day batch script functionality is what has been automatically storing each completed month. In Cumulus.ini:

Code: Select all

DailyParams=>batch\daily_auto_batch.log
DailyProgram=batch\end_of_day_Cumulus_batch_with_delay.cmd

That command file, amongst other housekeeping tasks for extra back ups, runs a PHP script that copies the contents of any new lines added to dayfile.txt to a database table with one row per day (think of it as my totally different version of importCumulus File), and at the end of a month it also stores a row with the thismonth type statistics for the completed month in a separate table. The live Cumulus web tags for this month have by then been reset for the next month (although I do get Cumulus to save the older ones - see later), so the completed month statistics are quickly determined by running a series of SQL interrogations of all the rows in the daily table for that completed month (I did mention this, although only in passing, earlier this year in http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16706). By the way the mention of delay in the batch command name reflects that the PHP script it calls will include a delay in those specific conditions when it needs to access a log file that Cumulus creates or locks at roll over time (some of the values for my daily summary table row when relevant can come from other logs like log.xml, today.ini, and month.ini as well as dayfile.txt). I have outlined the schema for my database tables in previous postings elsewhere on the forum.

(I've not done same automation for thisyear yet, for that I do still manually save the page at end of each year and have a annual web page that shows on a single page the statistics for every one of my 10 years of weather station operation. Automating a once a year task does not have any priority for busy me, but it would work very similarly to end of month).

Cumulus MX does offer some access to past data by its database functionality, by default creating a table with daily statistics. In addition as
http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12908&start=30#p112768 tells us in December 2015
Steve wrote:build 3035 also archives the month.ini and year.ini file at the end of the month/year as monthYYYYMM.ini and yearYYYY.ini. It doesn't currently do anything with them, for now they are just created so you can refer to them manually.
See also http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13857 for a discussion about this.

By the way for eliminating my manual archiving chore, back in May 2015 I had made Cumulus 1 do something similar by including this in Cumulus.ini:

ExtraLocal5=\Cumulus\data\month.ini
ExtraRemote5=\Cumulus\data\month.ini<currentlogfile>
ExtraProcess5=0
ExtraUTF5=1
ExtraBinary5=0
ExtraRealtime5=1
ExtraFTP5=0

But that addition just meant I had the figures automatically saved for each month, I still had to manually edit those figures into a purely HTML web page until my already mentioned automatic system was implemented. The differences between pure HTML and using PHP are discussed earlier in this thread.

I use a similar approach for saving the monthly cumulus web tags including this in Cumulus.ini:

ExtraLocal36=\Web pages\Templates for Cumulus to Process\cumuluswebtagsMonthT.cum
ExtraRemote36=\UniServerZ\www\weather\cumulus_generated\savedFiles\cumulusWebTags<currentlogfile>.php
ExtraProcess36=1
ExtraUTF36=1
ExtraBinary36=0
ExtraRealtime36=1
ExtraFTP36=0

means that Cumulus always stores the monthly web tags in a file with a name relating to the month and I don't lose the web tags at rollover for the end of the month. Note that I use the extension .cum for any template files that I want processed by Cumulus, so I don't get them inadvertently muddled up with processed .HTML or .PHP or .JS files. The template file contains a subset of the Cumulus web tags as the RHS to a series of PHP variable assignments and has some similarities to the ImportCumulusFile others use.

Return to “Web site - General”