Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

FTP Directories - probably a simple answer!

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

spinthepilot

FTP Directories - probably a simple answer!

Post by spinthepilot »

Hi,

having problems uploading cumulus files:- think I might have got the ftp path wrong?

http://www.camairairline.com/weather is the site, have a look and you'll see the problem. I uploaded the files required
( weather directory and files, images and dbimages sub directory with their files ) are sitting in my webroot - the directory that the control panel of my site logs me into, and the directory all uploaded files should go into /home/camairai/public_html. I assume that Cumulus uploads the webpage templates itself as I did not copy these over.

Have tried several different addresses in the internet setup of cumulus but all give the same result. Tried active/passive and also overwrite or not - same.

I don't have the station connected yet, but surely should be able to upload the pages even if there is no data? I saw on anopther post that the Cumulus window should say 'connecting to the internet'? Mine doesn't say anything!

Internet isn't really my area of expertise as you probably guessed!

Many thanks in advance, this looks like a really cool piece of saoftware and I am really looking forward to getting it up and running
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: FTP Directories - probably a simple answer!

Post by steve »

It looks like you've set the site up OK, and the realtime.txt file seems to have uploaded once, so you can't be far out. The 'connecting' message should appear in the left hand end of the status bar. You could turn on ftp logging and see if the log file helps. You could also try the latest 1.8.5 beta, I did do a few small changes to ftp path handling in that.

Steve
spinthepilot

Post by spinthepilot »

Hi,

thanks for the reply, I've just tried again with /home/camairai/public_html/weather as the listed directory and the log file says:-

"Logging on to ftp.camairairline.com
Changing directory to /home/camairai/public_html/weather
Uploading Standard files
Sending html pages
Changing directory to images
Sending Graph files
Already disconnected!"

but I still get the 'index of /weather' page and no 'pretty' pictures!

looking at my webpage control panel, I do not see the cumulus webpage templates anywhere either, only the stuff I had already uploaded my self.

Again thanks for the assistance, you must have the patience of a saint!
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Turn on the ftp log and see what that says.

Steve
spinthepilot

Post by spinthepilot »

Yup, I did and that the output listed in my previous post ( we must have crossed ) also tried active and passive with the same result.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

That's not the ftp log. Maybe 1.8.4 didn't have ftp logging?

Steve
spinthepilot

Post by spinthepilot »

Oh! Thats' wierd, as I got this to turn on using the dropdown menu 'configuration' and the last option is 'ftp logging' that I ticked! and even though I get the uploading message in the lower left corner, I still can't find the main htm web page files that Cumulus uploads...
Last edited by spinthepilot on Fri 23 Jan 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

The ftp logging creates a file called ftplog.txt in the Cumulus installation directory.

Steve
hans
Weather Station: wh1080 /ws4000(alecto)
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Post by hans »

had that too the first time.
make a new map,copy all the htm pages in the directory web that is in the cumulus directory to your new map.
in your new map you now have :indexT.htm
gaugesT.htm,etc

now rename those by removing the "T" ,so you have index.htm,gauges.htm,etc
and upload them to your site

in cumulus go to configuration---internet---files----put a tag by "incluid standard files and incluid standard images"

in the optional lines,browse to your realtime.txt in the cumulusfolder,then on the rightside you type realtime.txt,
tag realtime and proces.
ps in cumulus, config----site/options---tag"autoupdate and use ftp rename"

if all goes well,by the next upload that cumulus does your pages appear(maybe you have to reload in your browser)
spinthepilot

Post by spinthepilot »

I tried this time using a config/internet/directory of public_htm/weather YES IT WORKED!!! I just had the wrong ftp address!

Thanks for your help however, I might be back when I get the cable to make the station talk to the server!
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

hans wrote:in the optional lines,browse to your realtime.txt in the cumulusfolder,then on the rightside you type realtime.txt,
tag realtime and proces.
By the way, this is really bad advice and is guaranteed to give problems eventually - for one thing, setting 'process' on realtime.txt is pointless as it contains no tags, and it may cause file access problems. You should get it working by the correct method without specifying realtime.txt as an additional file. Same goes for the other files.

Steve