Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WS-2355 pressure ignored

hindus
Weather Station: WS2300
Operating System: Windows XP/7/8.1

WS-2355 pressure ignored

Post by hindus »

Hello :) I just spent a few hours digging through the forum and unfortunatelly with no effect. I had to change my PC with Windows XP because of some hardware malfunction (it was restarting spontaneously) and happened to install the weather station on Windows 7 64bit. Of course I knew that old HeavyWeather would be useless, so I looked for an alternative and found Cumulus. I am really impressed with the hard work and great effect you guys achieved!

I connected the station via USB/COM connector and everything works like a charm except the pressure reading. I found out that it is ignored because of too large value:

Code: Select all

2014-04-19 22:39:24.271 : Ignoring rel pressure: 2018,5
2014-04-19 22:39:24.271 : Old value = 9999,0 New value = 2018,5 EWpressurediff = 999,0
I tried to change the Cumulus callibration file, but realised that this only changes displayed value, not the reading. So my question is: how do I set the offset of the weather station reading? It was correct on HeavyWeather and is shown correctly on the station itself.

After installing Cumulus on the old PC (I managed to complete it between restarts) and connecting it via COM port (integrated with the motherboard) I didn't get the pressure reading so I assume it is not the USB/COM connectors fault.

I'd be glad for your help :)
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: WS-2355 pressure ignored

Post by steve »

Are you sure that the relative (sea-level) pressure is correct on the station? Perhaps you are looking at absolute (station) pressure? That 2018.5 figure that Cumulus is getting is the adjusted sea-level pressure, and it is far too high to be realistic; you need to correct that on the station. I'm afraid I don't know how to do that with a La Crosse station.
Steve
hindus
Weather Station: WS2300
Operating System: Windows XP/7/8.1

Post by hindus »

Both relative and absolute pressures are displayed correctly on the station. After searching the manual I can't see any additional calibration option, and still 1000 hPa is a large a number, I live 20 km from the sea so the height is about 30 m above sea level...

EDIT:

I restored my WS2355 to factory settings, relaunched Cumulus and... it crashed. I reinstalled it but it didn't help. It kept crashing on downloading data but after few retries it finally worked and the pressure reading are also OK so everything works great and my problem is gone :) Thanks for your help :)
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Glad you got there in the end :)
Steve