IMPORTANT! The server may go down soon - possibly permanently. Please read the latest post in Announcements and News

I strongly advise all users using my server for their web site to make alternative arrangements.

Outgoing mail is disabled because of the malware on the server. No new forum registrations are currently possible, and mail to the forum administrator will not work.

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

WS2350 serial connection

baudinpr
Weather Station: WS2350
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

WS2350 serial connection

Postby baudinpr » Mon May 12, 2014 2:42 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect Cumulus last release (1.9.4) running on Win XP SP3 to a WS2340 station.
I plan to use a native serial COM port.
After many attempts, nothing works and I have to kill Cumulus using task manager.

I have the following questions just to clear my head:
- the serial port speed, default 9600, must be changed in the Win XP device manager ?
- can I use a USB-to-COM converter ?
- the serial cable shipped with the station, is a normal cable or contains some circuits ?

Many thanks and sorry for the trivial questions ....

Regards
Piero

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: WS2350 serial connection

Postby steve » Mon May 12, 2014 3:11 pm

baudinpr wrote:- the serial port speed, default 9600, must be changed in the Win XP device manager ?
Cumulus expects 2400, so you should probably set it to that
- can I use a USB-to-COM converter ?
You can if you wish, but I don't offer support for Cumulus with one of those.
- the serial cable shipped with the station, is a normal cable or contains some circuits ?
I don't know for certain, but I think that it's an ordinary serial cable.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

Return to “La Crosse”