Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

La Crosse 2810 Support

KDaddy
Weather Station: WS-2813UT-IT
Operating System: Win7

Re: La Crosse 2810 Support

Post by KDaddy »

Thank you for all your help.

Are you having any weird issues with your rain sensor ready false readings? Mine is acting crazy. Ready 2inches of rain when there is no rain outside.
mfrazzz
Weather Station: LaCrosse WS-2813U - WUHU
Operating System: Win XP SP3

Post by mfrazzz »

No. My problem (right now) with the Rain Sensor is that since my precipitation is in the form of snow and with my altitude, I don't get any readings, as it just evaporates. May have to look at doing some type of heating element mod that I've seen in other forums so the snow melts when it hits (but even then, I know I'll still have evaporation because of my climate here).

But so far, I don't get readings like you are talking about. Have you tried pulling the battery on the rain gauge and then resyncing with the unit?
KDaddy
Weather Station: WS-2813UT-IT
Operating System: Win7

Post by KDaddy »

Wow, dont have the Snow issue in Houston!

I have factory reset the devices with no luck. I did the tipping test (earasing the rain amount and pouring enough water to make it click 10 times)
I am supposed to get .10inch reading. I get 2.59inch. If you do the calculation, 2.59 is .10 in mm.

The other odd thing is, it keeps calculating and keeps doubling the rain amount. That .10inch of rain has turned into 40inches of rain in the past few days. very strang.

I have an open ticket with La Crosse....
mahoneyoregon
Weather Station: La Crosse 2813U-IT
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by mahoneyoregon »

I have followed mfrazzz's advice. I have everything set up exactly as stated. Heavyweather receives the data from my LaCrosse 2813. WUHU then receives the data, and reads the currdat.lst. It then creates an easyweather.dat file.

I have looked at the easyweather file with a text editor. The only difference that I can see is that it is importing everything into F instead of C.

It looks like this: 2012-02-11 16:55:12,47.7,80.0,41.9,47.7,47.7,180,0.0,0.0,30.17,30.17,0.00,0.00,0.54,74.5,39.0,N/A,N/A

The problem is that I cannot get Cumulus to see the Easyweather.dat file even though I have pointed it at the file with the Browse button. It still displays all zeros in all categories and histories. Any help would be appreciated.
What am I missing?

I have to use this setup instead of offset, as I have a LaCrosse 2813 with a USB.
mahoneyoregon

Post by mahoneyoregon »

Follow up to my post:

Had the wrong WUHU action.txt. Used the Dave Digby one now, so corrected to C instead of F. A copy of the output of the Easyweather.dat file is as follows:

,2012-02-12 00:38:03,2012-02-12 00:38:03,,38,24.0,89,3.9,2.3,3.9,,1021.00,0.0,,0.0,,,S,,,,0.00,,,,13.72

It still appears as if Cumulus is not reading the easyweather.dat file, as most parts of the display still show zeros. Only "recent extremes" in the Cumulus page has any data. All other categories still show a zero.

Reminder: I am using a LaCrosse 2813, so I need to use Heavyweather to send to WUHU to create an easyweather.dat file for Cumulus to read.

It is frustrating to see the easyweather file update, but no changes on Cumulus. Any help would be appreciated.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

,2012-02-12 00:38:03,2012-02-12 00:38:03,,38,24.0,89,3.9,2.3,3.9,,1021.00,0.0,,0.0,,,S,,,,0.00,,,,13.72
I pasted your data into a file called easyweather.dat, and configured Cumulus to a station type of 'easyweather.dat', set an interval of 1 minute, pointed Cumulus at the file, and then restarted Cumulus. After a minute, it read and displayed the data. I changed the 'reading time' in the file, and some of the data, and after another minute Cumulus displayed the amended data. So I have no idea why it doesn't work for you. Perhaps you could show a screen shot of your station settings?
Steve
mahoneyoregon

Post by mahoneyoregon »

Thanks...your comment about set the interval to 1 min caught my eye...I had it set for 5 minutes. It picks up the data now.

For clarificiation, why did it never pick it up when set to 5 minutes? Seems like it should not matter, but after an hour or more, nothing would appear. One minute works great.

Down in the lower 48, most of us use F, just like we measure our speed in MPH. I am going to rework the action text to set it up for F, inches, and MPH. I will post it if it works.
BTW, for those following the thread, I had to literally put the text from the action.txt in the actions box. Pointing at the action.txt did not appear to work for me. I had to place the actual command line in the action.

Steve, thanks for a great program...going to work on getting it running on my website after the conversion to F. Will post the link later.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

mahoneyoregon wrote:For clarificiation, why did it never pick it up when set to 5 minutes? Seems like it should not matter, but after an hour or more, nothing would appear. One minute works great.
I've just tried a setting of five minutes, and it read the data and displayed it after five minutes.
Down in the lower 48, most of us use F, just like we measure our speed in MPH. I am going to rework the action text to set it up for F, inches, and MPH.
Can you not just change the units in Cumulus, or do you need to do this for some other reason?
Steve
mahoneyoregon

Post by mahoneyoregon »

I had weird readings when I originally converted to F using Cumulus. It showed 106.9 degrees F, when it was 45. I assumed that you had to input it in F in easyweather.dat file.

I just tried it again, changing the settings within Cumulus, and keeping the original easyweather (C) file. THis time everything worked great. It may be because it restarted due to loss of incoming data, so whatever was causing the erratic readings cleared. I love the ability to change between C and F on the fly (knowing that the historical records will be comingled). Once again, thanks for a great software package.