IMPORTANT! The server may go down soon - possibly permanently. Please read the latest post in Announcements and News

I strongly advise all users using my server for their web site to make alternative arrangements.

Outgoing mail is disabled because of the malware on the server. No new forum registrations are currently possible, and mail to the forum administrator will not work.

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Wrong rainfall values

laurent07
Weather Station: La Crosse WS2355
Operating System: Windows7

Wrong rainfall values

Postby laurent07 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi,
I'm using a La Crosse WS2355 and Cumulus v1,9,0. Today (11th january) Cumulus recorded 16mm rainfall whereas it only rained 1,5mm as recorded on the weather station. I browsed the forum and then followed the instructions to set the today's rainfall back to the right value on http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#I_can. ... a_files.21

I opened the janv.11.log.txt file in the data folder and then noticed that on the last line of this file the total amount of rainfall is correct (17.6mm). To have the correct value for today I then opened today.ini and wrote 16,1 on the Start line of the Rain section as mentioned in the wiki FAQ.
Now I have the correct value for today but Cumulus displays also 1.5mm for this month and this year rainfall whereas it should be 17.6mm. I've read severa l posts and can't figure out this problem.

How can I set those monthly and yearly values back to 17.6mm?
I'm French and maybe there is something I didn't understand right.

Can you help please?

Thanks a lot.

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Wrong rainfall values

Postby steve » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:33 pm

The monthly/annual totals are calculated from the daily totals in dayfile.txt.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

laurent07
Weather Station: La Crosse WS2355
Operating System: Windows7

Postby laurent07 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:10 pm

Thanks a lot for your answer that solved the problem. I thought I had already done that.

Thanks for your great work and for making Cumulus free.

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 w/Envoy USB
Operating System: Windows-8

Postby PaulMy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:11 pm

Thanks for your great work and for making Cumulus free

Thanks for your great work and for making Cumulus available :clap:

Return to “La Crosse”