Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

No Wind readings

rjbrouk
Weather Station: LaCrosse 2315
Operating System: Win 7

No Wind readings

Post by rjbrouk »

I happily I must say downloaded Cumulus and I am very happy with how it is working. I give the publishers two thumbs up and I say thank you for making something this nice available. I am having one problem with the software. everything works awesome. Except for the wind readings they don't appear on the dials or the text fields. I know that the communication with the Lacrosse 2315 are working accurately because everything from example the Heavy Weather software and Weather Display which I am not to crazy about is reading the wind direction, speed correctly. Everything else on Cumulus is right on the money. From what I can find I have the newest version 1.8.4 I downloaded last night after I found this awesome tool. I also did a fresh install and the problem still exists. I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this small problem I am having.

Bob
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: No Wind readings

Post by steve »

That's a very odd one. The only thing I can think of at the moment is that Cumulus thinks there is some sort of problem with the wind reading and is discarding it. Can I ask you to try the latest 1.8.5 beta, which has quite a few improvements (hopefully!) in the area of communication with La Crosse stations. It's here:

http://www.nybbles.co.uk/downloads/beta ... sSetup.exe

If that doesn't help, please turn on the debug log from the configuration menu, wait a few minutes and then send me the debug.log file from the Cumulus installation folder.

Thanks,
Steve
rjbrouk
Weather Station: LaCrosse 2315
Operating System: Win 7

Post by rjbrouk »

I just figured out what was wrong thank you so much for your fast reply! I am new just received this weather station for Christmas and I am new at this. Because I live in a condo and I don't have the luxury of mounting the wind sensor where it should away from obstructions :cry: I get mostly calm winds unless blows from the eastern half of the compass. I just had to unchecked the bearing snaps to 0 on calm day or winds. That fixed the problem. The only thing I see that doesn't fill out is the moon rise. The moon set shows and this is probably an error on my part. Again thank you so much for your reply and if you can give a suggestion about the moon rise would be very helpful but in no way is critical :). Everything is working out beautifully.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

There's no moon rise today :)

See http://sandaysoft.com/faq#faq_13

Steve