IMPORTANT! The server may go down soon - possibly permanently. Please read the latest post in Announcements and News

FTP is broken. I strongly advise all users using my server for their web site to make alternative arrangements.

Outgoing mail is disabled because of the malware on the server. No new forum registrations are currently possible, and mail to the forum administrator will not work.

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

How to access barometric readings from the serial port?

mikejharper
Weather Station: La Crosse 2355
Operating System: Windows Server 2008

How to access barometric readings from the serial port?

Postby mikejharper » Wed May 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Hello guys,

I've used an Arduino to read the outdoor/wireless sensor information (La Crosse WS2355) which I can then access via the Arduino serial port.

The indoor temperature and barometric readings come from the indoor console, is
there a way I can access these readings via the PC COM port?

(I'm writing a C# application for a Uni project and would like to include this data)

I've tried a console application to read any data received but the prompt just waits with no data incoming.

Many thanks

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: How to access barometric readings from the serial port?

Postby steve » Wed May 23, 2012 2:42 pm

Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

Return to “La Crosse”