Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Temperature sensor WS-2350

guyfawkes
Weather Station: WS-2350
Operating System: XP SP3

Temperature sensor WS-2350

Post by guyfawkes »

Hello, sorry for asking more questions...

With the La Crosse WS-2350, does the temperature sensor have to be positioned in the shade or will it be shaded even if put in the direct sunlight?

I'm asking this because it received 15c when in actual fact it was 6c according to met office.

Thanks in advance!!
guyfawkes
Weather Station: WS-2350
Operating System: XP SP3

Re: Temperature sensor WS-2350

Post by guyfawkes »

Hi

I made a radiation shelter with aluminium foil to stop direct sunlight.
The only problem now is that it often gets bad wireless signal, could this be because of the tin foil blocking the reception?

:D
AndyH
Weather Station: La Crosse 2350
Operating System: Windows 8

Post by AndyH »

Sounds as though the tin foil may be causing problems with the wireless reception.
I have mine in a home made stevensons screen but even then in direct sunlight I do get slightly higher readings than I should.
That said, nothing like a 9ºC higher reading.
Greebo
Weather Station: La Crosse WS-2355
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by Greebo »

Mine is shaded from direct sunlight except for about half an hour in the early mornings at this time of year. I can see from the temperature graphs that it does affect it considerably. The temperature shoots up by about 6 degrees over half an hour while the sun is on it, then drops gradually by just over 1.5 degrees over the next hour as the shade takes over. It then carries on with the normal temperature rise of a starting day.

I could probably do something about making some more shade to stop it but for those few months a year that its a problem - close enough is good enough for me :)