Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

BTHR918N displaying consistently low RH reading

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
SunDial
Weather Station: OS WMR928N
Operating System: OPi Armbian 5.75 Ubuntu Bionic

BTHR918N displaying consistently low RH reading

Post by SunDial »

Hi,

I have WMR928N weather station, which I've owned from new for many years. I've had it running all that time and the RH reading is significantly lower than my other devices with hydrometers, but it seems worse than when I first installed it. I've never really had time to look into it until now. At present, it's reading 23% RH indoors when my other thermos/hydros/baros are reading 49%-51% in the same location (sitting side by side). Barometric pressure and temp seem to have always been accurate enough, and are currently reading 1024mb and 21.4C respectively. I've opened up the sensor and can see a potentiometer soldered to the PCB. Does anyone have a schematic for this sensor or know what sensor the potentiometer controls? I can see the hydrometer sensor, which looks like a HR202L. Could the tracks on this have deteriorated over time?

Thanks