Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Ventus W820 problems

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
John Timson
Weather Station: Ventus W820
Operating System: Apple I pad

Ventus W820 problems

Post by John Timson »

Hi Guys I am back again after about 2yrs. I purchased a Ventus W820 station and have had a lot of problems with it and I have only had it a month.
Water leaked into the circuit board section and down to the temp and humidity sensors and stopped transmitting when the temp was low at night.
Waterproofed the circuit board section with nail varnish and changed the route of the wires to the sensors.
Very poor soldering on the circuit boards so I redone those and sealed any gaps with sealant.
Rain gauge is accurate, Wind flaps around a bit.
Blue tooth readings are way out to what is reading on the display unit so I don't tend to use this.
All in all a waste of money and wish I paid more for a Davis system ,but that's another day. John