Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Is This The Answer to Problems of WDI flapping?

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
EmmBeeGee
Weather Station: Weston W-8681
Operating System: Windows 7

Is This The Answer to Problems of WDI flapping?

Post by EmmBeeGee »

How about having no, I said NO WDI?

Check out this article; is it useable with Cumulus?

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/21072784/Wi ... ion-Meter/
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Re: Is This The Answer to Problems of WDI flapping?

Post by Gina »

Very interesting :) But I think a step too far for me :lol: As for software, this instrument connects to the serial port of a computer and the software would have to handle this sort of input. Currently Cumulus doesn't support this AFAIK - Steve will be able to tell you if he is thinking of adding this feature to C2.
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Interesting bit of lateral thinking; I'm not convinced about how well it works in practice regarding accuracy.

It would be possible to add support to Cumulus, yes, but how many people would actually build one? When the rest of Cumulus is 'finished' maybe I could look into it ;)
Steve
EmmBeeGee
Weather Station: Weston W-8681
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by EmmBeeGee »

steve wrote:Interesting bit of lateral thinking; I'm not convinced about how well it works in practice regarding accuracy.

It would be possible to add support to Cumulus, yes, but how many people would actually build one? When the rest of Cumulus is 'finished' maybe I could look into it ;)
Steve

Please dont spend your valuable time on this! I most certainly would not want to build, or be capable of building, this project.

I was intrigued by the concept but it would be far simpler (for me at any rate) to invest in a "professional quality" weather station.

Cumulus does all that I want of it - more power to your elbow or whatever means you use to type the code.

(Cumulus 2 looks great btw - how soon will we be able to place it on our sites?) :D