Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New be Just starting

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: New be Just starting

Post by steve »

The problem is that you appear to have a directory called index.htm in the root of your web space, so this is preventing the Cumulus index.htm page from being displayed.
Steve
JohnDon
Weather Station: Smart Weather 2080
Operating System: Win XP

Post by JohnDon »

Steve you are only magic, Thanks
JohnDon

Post by JohnDon »

You could spend hours playing with the website, well this is my latest handy work http://www.weather.carnebeach.com We had our first rain yesterday and it worked fine but I will be building a new rain gauge like you pointed out earlier in 2 weeks. I have been reading on Solar Radiation but I am still not sure if I need to buy something to get this to work
Oh whats the standard Donation?
Oh here is what I have been at for the past 2 years with great success thank god http://www.ldndatabase.com/ourstory.html

John
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Post by Gina »

What a very heartwarming story :) But what tremendous worry you both must have gone through. To get control of such advanced cancer is terrific :) Well done! But how is your wife feeling? I know that many cancer treatments are extremely unpleasant and severely reduce the quality of life. I think we all know people who have cancer and/or died from it. Several of my friends have it, some in remission, some have died. My aunt died of it, a cousin died from it and another is in long term remission. I feel lucky that it doesn't seem to have come down my mother's side of the family.

My very best wishes to you both for the future :)
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
JohnDon

Post by JohnDon »

Thanks Gina
I dont want to upset the moderators by posting here and if you want to ask any questions please just email me. I am a member of so many cancer groups where I learn about alternative treatments and help new people to learn but the biggest part of our fight is a tiny tablet that costs 1 euro a day and is available all over the world for the past 20 odd years. I have never addressed a group of people in my life and on Saturday I am going to Birmingham to discuss my wife's story to 200 people at a conference.
My wifes quality of life is great, not quite what it was 2 years ago as she spends a little more time in bed than she used to. She is now going mad at me because she has put on so much weight "women" LOL she was a size 12 and now a size 16, we are now trying to address that. I have met all sorts on the net over the past 2 years, made some great friends and have doctors from around the world ringing me to see how my wife is doing, I even met one guy who wanted to charge me 400USD for telling me the name of a website, fat chance,
If you know people with cancer or in remission, tell them about Low Dose Naltrexone http://www.ldninfo.org. I dont sell or have anything to do with any drug company I am just like any of you but just went through a roller coaster ride with my wife for 2 years
my email john at carnebeach.com
Thanks again
now back to the weather before I get barred
John
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Post by daj »

JohnDon wrote:now back to the weather before I get barred
You make us sound like ogres! ;)

All we try to do is keep on topic while in a discussion; there is a 'general' area for anything which might interest people but has little or nothing to do with the weather -- a bit of general chat is certainly not discouraged!

PS -- Amazing story John
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
JohnDon

Post by JohnDon »

LOL :lol: I didnt mean to offend. Last year I was in a competition here in Ireland and to drum up votes a few of us went around forums asking for support. I ended up with the nick name John Banned Donnelly. I came in first with the public vote but the judges decided against me http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/hea ... 40208.html

John
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Post by daj »

It's difficult, and a fine line between what people consider chat/information and 'spamming' when they feel bombarded.

Anyway, i'm off topic now -- I might need to have a word with myself!
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
JohnDon

Post by JohnDon »

Just thought I would finish this tread with the best news ever. Just 3 days before Christmas my wife got the all clear. So we are out of trouble for now

John
hills
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH1091
Operating System: Raspbian Buster

Post by hills »

That's fantastic news John!! :clap:

Well done, that was a great read!!
Orion
Weather Station: WH1081 (Maplin)
Operating System: windows 10 64bit

Post by Orion »

Just ordered a cheep manual rain gauge
It pays to shop around
£12.95+£1.95 from a well known on-line weather shop
£5.88+£1.50 on Amazon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Post by Gina »

Couldn't find that one on Amazon but this one's under 6 quid. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Botanico-Lets-G ... pd_cp_lp_2
The one I've been using I got for 2 quid from a garden centre. But it's parallel sided with a small catchment area. I increased it with a funnel and re-calibrated. But I prefer a conical one.
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
Orion
Weather Station: WH1081 (Maplin)
Operating System: windows 10 64bit

Post by Orion »

Try Here Gina
This one is 5mm bigger then the conical one "doesn't look it from the photo" and lot deeper
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003 ... ss_product
Measurements 205 x 85mm
Same Product Here
http://www.weather-station-products.co. ... -1001.html
Measurements 205 x 85mm
Also worh a look
http://www.weathershop.co.uk/shop/invic ... tdoor.html
Size: 160mm high x 80mm diameter