Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus toolbox - unable to locate .... cumuluswebtags.php

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
Warrandyte
Weather Station: Fine Offset with Solar
Operating System: Windows XP, 7 8 and 10

Cumulus toolbox - unable to locate .... cumuluswebtags.php

Post by Warrandyte »

Hi All
when I first started up the toolbox (newly installed) there was nothing available in the drop down list for the phpwebtags files, so I set the ini file - thinking I could come back to it later.

next time it started, the box was greyed, and i couldnt find a way to stop the service to edit those locations. (I Tried!!)

so i did a full uninstall and cleaned up all the files within that modified date (inlcuding a few I shouldnt have) and did a reinstall - and it was still greyed out, starting everything automatically. - even paused, nothing could be edited.

so, I did the regedit search for "toolbox" and cleaned up all i could in there. which helped, after uninstalling of course.

now it shows a short list of files in the "web" directory of Cumulus, but not the cumuluswebtags.php file that I have set up.
(Cumulus takes cumuluswebtags.txt from anoth directory and processes it into the d:\ programs\cumulus\web\cumuluswebtags.php as set up in the internet options for cumulus (no, it does not ftp it) there is a cumuluswebtags.txttmp around to show that it is being processed.

Any ideas on how to fix the issue of:
a) stopping cumulus toolbox so that I can correct the data (without going through this whole manual cleanup routine)
b) getting the file to show in the drodown list.

I noticed that several of the other files that toolbox should create in the "cumulus" directory do not seem to exist if that is any clue.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Cumulus toolbox - unable to locate .... cumuluswebtags.p

Post by mcrossley »

Is it a folder permissions issue since you seem to have installed Cumulus into Program Files instead of a folder outside that structure as is recommended?

If you know how you can grant your user account full permissions on the Cumulus folder and sub-folders.
Edit: that may cause issues in itself if Cumulus is now storing data outside in Program Data because of the existing permissions though.
Warrandyte

Post by Warrandyte »

Thanks Mark.
I. Have full permissions and cumulus lives on a data drive as most of my applications do in case of OS crashes.

I didn't read all the instructions as I forgot to make the file available in advance.

Looks like it only does php files which is not appropriate for me, so I have leftist alone.

On another note I have your viewcam up and running with 5 instances on the same machine. However still having trouble accessing externally, probably because I am on a mobile network with a fixed ip, although pocket cloud works well from the office to home.
gluepack
Weather Station: PCE-FWS 20
Operating System: Win 7 Pro

Post by gluepack »

Well, if for "stop"(ping) you really mean close it as opposed to halt and continue to use, you can always use Task Manager, Ctl-Alt-Del. Well, I say "can always", perhaps you have tried and you can't, in which case you're stymied.

PWS links: WundergroundIVARNAPR3CWOP/APRSE(W)2048PWSWeatherZLATINABGAwekas10631Twitter@Zlatina_weather
Station type: PCE-FWS 20…Webcam link: View south to edge of Provadisko plateau
Warrandyte

Post by Warrandyte »

Thanks. No it needs to stop the services but keep running as you cant xchanhe anything whilst it is running which it does automatically.