Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Spikes from normal senser data to zero

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Spikes from normal senser data to zero

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Mark,
I wasn't sure if I should post here or in Cumulus Davis but since it doesn't show on any Cumulus data I will post here.
In looking at the charts I occasionally see the 1 to 2C spike in temperature and then also in humidity and this is not a concern and may be a sensor issue.

However I also see a periodic, once a day or less, very large spike from the current reading in pressure, humidity, inside temp and solar radiation charts to zero (this time not for outside temperature and can't recall if in the past the large spikes where also for outside temperature). My current observation shows the current spike was at about 9:45 am, but they have varied to different time of day in the past, and can be seen here http://www.komokaweather.com/weather/gr ... rtrait.htm These spikes do not show in the Cumulus data records as far as I can see, nor have I seen them in any of the Cumulus trends. I understand that all the CRTDG data comes from the Cumulus uploaded realtime.txt but since the spike is only shown after the fact I can't check the realtime.txt file if there might have been something recorded in it.

Any thoughts what could be causing this, or has anyone else reported seeing this?

Thanks,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

mm23
Weather Station: ws 2350
Operating System: windows xp sp3

Re: Spikes from normal senser data to zero

Post by mm23 »

Happen to me few times but not in the Grabber. Possible it is connected to the power failure, shutdown applications..... Can you remember whether it was some kind of your action could result something like this?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I suspect that this is not a problem with data from the station, but a problem reading realtime.txt from the server. Perhaps if CRTDG is unable to read the data from the file, it uses a value of zero for the data (intentionally or otherwise)?
Steve
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I have not recently observed another similar spike to zero and at the time of my initial post there was nothing abnormal that I recall.

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm