Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus Toolbox E-Mail Error

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
M1DUL
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2 Plus Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro Version

Cumulus Toolbox E-Mail Error

Post by M1DUL »

Hi All,
For a while, I have noticed that I have not been getting any Cumulus Toolbox email messages, when the red error light comes on the Cumulus program.
So I tried a test message in Cumulus Toolbox, when I tried to send one and press OK, I got a message that came back saying: (Must Issue Start TLS First)

Does anyone now how to rectify this error please? for your info I am using a G mail account, here is an Image of what I am getting:

Happy New Year to you all

Many Thanks for your help
Regards
Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

Weather Station : Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus Daytime Far's
Cumulus MX v.3.28.6 build 3283
https://branksomeweather.co.uk/index.htm
M1DUL
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2 Plus Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro Version

Re: Cumulus Toolbox E-Mail Error

Post by M1DUL »

Hi Duke,
Thank you for the web address, I did do a web search for the error code before I sent the message, but I could not find out how to add or change it in Cumulus Toolbox.

I did try the Groupmail software but I could not get it to work with the toolbox, I could send a test message from Groupmail software and that worked OK, but would still fail from Cumulus Toolbox.

I have sorted it now by using the Yahoo email account in Cumulus Toolbox, all works well.

Many Thanks Duke
Regards
Mike
Mike

Weather Station : Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus Daytime Far's
Cumulus MX v.3.28.6 build 3283
https://branksomeweather.co.uk/index.htm