Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Looking for a few testers please -- Cumulus Toolbox

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
sjukmidlands
Weather Station: Techno-Line WS2300
Operating System: Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64bit

Re: Looking for a few testers please -- Cumulus Toolbox

Post by sjukmidlands »

I'll help out too if you still need it testing as I do like helping out on here.

Best wishes
Steve
species5618
Weather Station: Maplin badged WH1081
Operating System: Windows 7 x86

Post by species5618 »

sounds like a good plan

count me in

Lee
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

David, in the 'Rules' -> 'Notification Rules' -> 'Notify Frequency' how about adding 'once' to send a message only once, no matter how often the condition/value of that rule change?

Would it be difficult to add the number of times a message could/should be sent, as a number (such as 5 to send a message 5 times and then stop sending) rather than 'always' or 'once per hour' or 'once per day'?

By the way, what does the 'always' under the 'Notify Frequency' exactly means (such as how often would a message be sent if a value changes continuously)?

I know I am here to make your life difficult... :mrgreen:
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Post by daj »

gemini06720 wrote:David, in the 'Rules' -> 'Notification Rules' -> 'Notify Frequency' how about adding 'once' to send a message only once, no matter how often the condition/value of that rule change?
Sure
Would it be difficult to add the number of times a message could/should be sent, as a number (such as 5 to send a message 5 times and then stop sending) rather than 'always' or 'once per hour' or 'once per day'?
I will look into that idea
By the way, what does the 'always' under the 'Notify Frequency' exactly means (such as how often would a message be sent if a value changes continuously)?
'Always' means you get the email notification every time it checks the Cumulus data and the Rule you created is met. So in this example....
rule.png
Every time Cumulus updates the webtags file (10 minutes for me) I will get an email if the temperature is less than 0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

David thank you...

I thought the temperature and weather in your part of the world had improved and was not in the 30C+... :twisted:
daj

Post by daj »

In the last month the highest has been 6C, lowest -14C, typically averaging -2.1C
David
kippfordweather.uk
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

daj wrote:In the last month the highest has been 6C, lowest -14C, typically averaging -2.1C
Well, David, the invitation to move you and your family to Vancouver Island is still there ... if you do not mind the rain and the +7.3C at 03:25 (that is AM) PST... :twisted:
PPlys
Weather Station: Rosenborg 68700 aka WH1080
Operating System: Win 7 64 bit

Post by PPlys »

If you still are looking for crash test dummies you got another. Namely me ;)
I would also like to participate.
n9mfk
Weather Station: davis vp2 Serial datalogger
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Post by n9mfk »

hi Dave,
I wood be glad to help beau
level
Weather Station: WS4000
Operating System: Windows Vsta pack 2

Post by level »

Hi David
If you need me, count me in!
JennyLeez
Weather Station: La Crosse WS3083
Operating System: Windows XP, Win7 & Win 10

Post by JennyLeez »

Toolbox would not load on Cumulus PC as it only has the first edition of Win XP. No service pack.
PC much faster without all those windows updates and SP 1 2 3 ;)

So loaded toolbox to server where I maintain networked weather PC. Allowed me to link through network to both cumulus ini and webtags no problem. Email all setup and tested fine.
Regardless of the setup Cumulus Toolbox is looking for the Cumulus software running on the Server PC and not the Weather PC.
Hence Toolbox is telling me loud and clear Cumulus is not running of which of course on the server is quite true.
So this post is just a report I guess as to how the Cumulus Toolbox handles a network installation with The toolbox on the server and Cumulus main files on a network PC.
Cheers
Wairoa, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand Weather Station:
http://wairoa.net/weather/index.htm
Cumulus Topsites:
http://cumulussites.net/
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

Hello Jenny.
JennyLeez wrote:Toolbox would not load on Cumulus PC as it only has the first edition of Win XP. No service pack.
PC much faster without all those windows updates and SP 1 2 3 ;)
It might then be time for you to get the newer Windows 7 ... it is really quite fast compare to all the previous Windows... ;)
JennyLeez wrote:Regardless of the setup Cumulus Toolbox is looking for the Cumulus software running on the Server PC and not the Weather PC.
Hence Toolbox is telling me loud and clear Cumulus is not running of which of course on the server is quite true.
I have the opposite installation, that is I have installed Toolbox on my 'development' computer whereas Cumulus is running on the 'weather' computer (one of the networked computer - no dedicated server here, yet). So, obviously, Cumulus is not running on the same computer as the Toolbox is running.

What I did was to map drive 'B' (on my 'development' computer) to the drive/folder where Cumulus is running (on the 'weather' computer). But I had to 'forced' Toolbox to also look for the 'cumuluswebtag.txt' file on drive 'B'.

And Toolbox has been running properly since... :clap:
daj

Post by daj »

JennyLeez wrote:Regardless of the setup Cumulus Toolbox is looking for the Cumulus software running on the Server PC and not the Weather PC.
Thanks Jenny -- I can look into resolving that -- at the moment it looks for the 'process' running on the PC Toolbox is installed on. I can easily ask it to check processes on a remote PC, but that requires you to have certain privileges (which you will probably have)

Obviously for now you can turn off the checking of Cumulus running through the Systems Checks tab
David
kippfordweather.uk
JennyLeez
Weather Station: La Crosse WS3083
Operating System: Windows XP, Win7 & Win 10

Post by JennyLeez »

gemini06720 wrote:It might then be time for you to get the newer Windows 7 ... it is really quite fast compare to all the previous Windows... ;)
Hi Ray,

I have windows 7 on Laptop. Yes it is certainly faster than vista, mind you, anything would be. It is not so much the OS that is slow but the junk users have running in the background slowing it down :roll: Once you preen that back and turn the eye candy off, yes I would agree with :)
JennyLeez wrote:But I had to 'forced' Toolbox to also look for the 'cumuluswebtag.txt' file on drive 'B'.
Ok drive mapped now please more info on the " I had to force...........
Many thanks Ray
Jenny
Wairoa, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand Weather Station:
http://wairoa.net/weather/index.htm
Cumulus Topsites:
http://cumulussites.net/
daj

Post by daj »

JennyLeez wrote:
But I had to 'forced' Toolbox to also look for the 'cumuluswebtag.txt' file on drive 'B'.

Ok drive mapped now please more info on the " I had to force...........
Jenny

Toolbox gets the file location of the webtag file from the Cumulus.ini. If this is on another, networked pc, then it will cause an issue. One way to force 'Toolbox' is to edit the setting in the Registry. Normally I would not suggest this but you sound more than capable. :)

Shut down 'Toolbox' first!

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\CumulusToolBox

Change "WebtagFile" and change the location to your remote PC (assuming you have a drive mapped. I have not tried it with a UNC path, but it may work)
David
kippfordweather.uk