Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Toolbox notification emails

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
serowe
Weather Station: WM918
Operating System: Win Server 2008 R2

Toolbox notification emails

Post by serowe »

David,

I notice that the notification emails within Toolbox allow you to set who it is sent from BUT when they are actually sent from:

CumulusToolbox at gloware.co.uk

Is there any way to change this to the setting within Toolbox?
Punctuation is the difference between 'Let's eat, grandma' and 'Let's eat grandma'
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Re: Toolbox notification emails

Post by daj »

Hi,

It is because you are using the 'default mail server' -- that is, my mail server. If you change it to use your own you set the from to your own choice.

If I were to allow you to use my server, but fake the from address, it would probably come through as Spam to your mailsystem
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
serowe

Post by serowe »

Ahhh - not explained on the screen - when I see 'default mail server' I take it to mean the one on the machine Cumulus and the Toolbox is running on.

Could be worth stating this on that screen because, with 'Use default mail server' ticked, the screen is completely blank so there is no indication that you can enter mail server settings.
Punctuation is the difference between 'Let's eat, grandma' and 'Let's eat grandma'
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Post by daj »

I had the default set as not everyone necessarily understads how to setup software to use their own/ISP mail server.

Certainly, it can not use something on your PC by default as I doubt may people run a mail server on their PC ;) I do understand the possible confusion though

I am in the process of writing the help for it and will finally pull it out of beta version as I think it is quite stable now. One or two small changes about to arrive
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
serowe

Post by serowe »

Suggestion for you then - instead of the deails for the mail server only becoming visible if you until the 'default server' option, if they were visible (but non-selectable/usable) it would also help.