Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Re: Widget for Android

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
sjukmidlands
Weather Station: Techno-Line WS2300
Operating System: Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64bit

Re: Android app for Cumulus

Post by sjukmidlands »

dunda wrote:I have Samsung Galaxy S with Aokp b38. Also tried with Htc desire hd ... simply don't work.
I have just tried your address on my own HTC Desire HD and it works fine.
dunda

Post by dunda »

sjukmidlands wrote:I have just tried your address on my own HTC Desire HD and it works fine.
Look what I get:
Gordon-Loomberah
Weather Station: Davis VP2 + Solar and UV
Operating System: Windows 10 home

Post by Gordon-Loomberah »

2 possibilities I can think of-
1/ you have data via mobile network disabled, but wifi off or out of range
2/ not the current version of the app.
Loomberah Weather: http://gunagulla.com
dunda

Post by dunda »

Gordon-Loomberah wrote:2 possibilities I can think of-
1/ you have data via mobile network disabled, but wifi off or out of range
2/ not the current version of the app.
No :geek:
1. I tried xx times on different Wifi's and UMTS ... and at the same moment I can open this XML files in phone browser.
2. The latest from market and the latest Cumulus. I (and my friends - we are from IT industry, so we know something :roll: ) don't have any more ideas.
dunda

Post by dunda »

I sent Cumulus Realtime App to hell :bash: and ask my friend to start preparing a new app.

Here is alpha version:

App will also have a 4x2 widget.
Widget will read realtime.txt file (very small data usage, update times will be in settings). App will use realtime.xml and sunbird.txt.

It looks promising :clap: and I will buy him a beer or two.
A question - for widget we want to use a current weather icon (sun, rain, cloudy ...). Where can we get it? WUnderground has it in API for developer, but is free only for 500 uses per day. Any other worldwide idea?
Gordon-Loomberah
Weather Station: Davis VP2 + Solar and UV
Operating System: Windows 10 home

Post by Gordon-Loomberah »

Excellent, I hope he includes things such as solar and UV :)
The time of the various minima and maxima for today and yesterday would be good too!
Loomberah Weather: http://gunagulla.com
dunda

Post by dunda »

He will include all data from realtime.XML (or TXT) ...
JimDantin
Weather Station: WMR-968
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by JimDantin »

Please keep us informed of the progress. I appreciate the clean design! The wind rose takes up too much space. I'd recommend against using the conditions icon as they are often incorrect and just use up space.

A 4x2 widget is nice, but I'd also appreciate a tiny 1x1 temperature-only version - limited screen space on my home page! I'm using PWS Widget for exactly that reason.
Thanks
Jim - The Timber Ridge Weather Station, Prospect, KY
http://dantinconsulting.com/
dunda

Post by dunda »

JimDantin wrote:Please keep us informed of the progress. I appreciate the clean design! The wind rose takes up too much space. I'd recommend against using the conditions icon as they are often incorrect and just use up space.

A 4x2 widget is nice, but I'd also appreciate a tiny 1x1 temperature-only version - limited screen space on my home page! I'm using PWS Widget for exactly that reason.
Don't worry - he already has 1x1 widget :clap:
Wexican
Weather Station: WH-1081PC
Operating System: Windows XP

Post by Wexican »

Hi All,

I've been using Cumulus on a pc for a couple of years now, I find it great & works well, recently I saw some of the guys did an excellent job of putting together an app & some widgets for android, I downloaded the widgets to my HTC one X & it also works very well. This got me thinking! My win xp pc that currently runs Cumulus uses at best some 40 watts of electricity with the screen switched off, it litterally is collecting data & uploading to wunderground & also making realtime.xml available to my phone using the widgets with the help of a webserver app(server2go). I recently switched on an Android media player I own & discovered it uses only 4 watts of electricity, I know it's possible to get a device called a Sheevaplug with Meteohub to do the same as my pc does, but is it possible there is an android version of Cumulus? where I can connect my weather station(WH1081pc) to the android media player via usb & do the same as I would on the pc version?

Hopefully you guys get what I'm trying to describe here! Does this app exist already? If not maybe one could be developed!

Thanks,
Wexican
:)
dunda

Post by dunda »

Maybe Linux version of Cumulus should be better option (you can also use "very light" computers) - at least for beginning.
dunda

Post by dunda »

My friend works on app for Android. Here (in the middle) is latest 4x2 widget (he says, there will be 2x1 widget, but he can't create 1x1 (not enough space)).

Bottom is his application forecast with data from Slovenian weather agency (very popular app in Slovenia).
amedve1
Weather Station: WS2350
Operating System: WIN7

Post by amedve1 »

Does anyone knows if this application works on Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS). It works well on Honeycomb but when I upgrade my Medion Lifetab on ICS the only response is "Unavailable to update. Please check aplication settings!" (with same settings as previous).
dunda

Post by dunda »

amedve1 wrote:Does anyone knows if this application works on Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS). It works well on Honeycomb but when I upgrade my Medion Lifetab on ICS the only response is "Unavailable to update. Please check aplication settings!" (with same settings as previous).
If you are talking about application shown some posts above - it works on ICS.
amedve1
Weather Station: WS2350
Operating System: WIN7

Post by amedve1 »

dunda wrote:
amedve1 wrote:Does anyone knows if this application works on Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS). It works well on Honeycomb but when I upgrade my Medion Lifetab on ICS the only response is "Unavailable to update. Please check aplication settings!" (with same settings as previous).
If you are talking about application shown some posts above - it works on ICS.
I mean Cumulus Realtime for Android. It was working well on Honeycomb but won't work on ICS with same settings. I also reinstalled app on ICS andd answer is as written above. The realtime.xml wasn't changed at all so i don't know reason, why it worked before and won't work on ICS.