Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Do we have an email modul?

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
Kogeweather
Weather Station: Ambient WS-2080
Operating System: Win 7

Do we have an email modul?

Post by Kogeweather »

Dear forum. I have been searching the forum, so forgive me if it's already here, but I'm looking for a way to forward an email every 10 minute containing a list of parameters (max/min temp, max/min rainfall etc) to our national weather service. I know some people use software like virtual weather station (internet version) etc. to do this, but I'm fund of Cumulus and don't want to change.

I have looked at the toolbox, but it seem not to be an option, so the question is - do we have an email modul or is someone working on something like this.
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Re: Do we have an email modul?

Post by beteljuice »

Don't they have a facility to either read a 'web' file or have a specific 'upload' area where you send a file in the format they want ?

Both of these are easy to do via Cumulus and is the way most data 'gatherers' work.

eg. CWOP, APRS, Wunderground, WOW, etc. etc.
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
Kogeweather

Post by Kogeweather »

Thanks. I assume you are right and I assume it's the index.htm file you mean. The problem is to find an email program which automatically can attach the file and send an email every 10 minute. Any suggestions.
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

When you mentioned 'our national weather service' were you writing about the 'Nordic Weather Network' or another weather network?
Kogeweather

Post by Kogeweather »

Sorry for the confusion. It was the Danish meteorological institute I meant - I didn't pinpoint this. They have a national service where people like us I upload data. There's a link here http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/bor ... =undefined. It's in Danish but this is the service where I want my station to be present.

I have meanwhile got data from them and it seem quite straight forward to upload data to their server. I'm currently in the work of setting up a script to convert the data into something their system can recognized.

Thank you all for the interest.

Jan
yv1hx
Weather Station: No station yet ...
Operating System: Win XP Professional

Post by yv1hx »

Kogeweather wrote:Dear forum. I have been searching the forum, so forgive me if it's already here, but I'm looking for a way to forward an email every 10 minute containing a list of parameters (max/min temp, max/min rainfall etc) to our national weather service. I know some people use software like virtual weather station (internet version) etc. to do this, but I'm fund of Cumulus and don't want to change.

I have looked at the toolbox, but it seem not to be an option, so the question is - do we have an email modul or is someone working on something like this.
Dear Kogeweather:

Maybe this tool will be useful for you:
http://caspian.dotconf.net/menu/Software/SendEmail/

You should create a file containing the variables that you need to report to your local weather service in the required format and have them processed by Cumulus (but untick the FTP? option!), then use the "SendMail" app to mail it as you need.

Hope this helps,

Only needs to setup some task scheduler to run the "SendMail" app
Marco
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

yv1hx wrote:Only needs to setup some task scheduler to run the "SendMail" app
Cumulus can run an external program once every realtime or web update interval, or once a day at daily rollover.
yv1hx
Weather Station: No station yet ...
Operating System: Win XP Professional

Post by yv1hx »

You're right Mark, thanks for the quote :oops:
Marco
Trainman
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Trainman »

Kogeweather wrote:Sorry for the confusion. It was the Danish meteorological institute I meant - I didn't pinpoint this. They have a national service where people like us I upload data. There's a link here http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/bor ... =undefined. It's in Danish but this is the service where I want my station to be present.

I have meanwhile got data from them and it seem quite straight forward to upload data to their server. I'm currently in the work of setting up a script to convert the data into something their system can recognized.

Jan
Hej Jan.

have you finished your script and would you like to share it? I´m interested in uploading my data to borgervejr.
misteng
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Server 2008 R2

Post by misteng »

Although I do not use it with Cumulus, I have had great success with Blat....it's a command line email tool. You do need a snmp service to use it...I use it to grab an excel file and send it off to half dozen users ever morning. It can be used to attach pretty much any type of file, short of an executable
I just created a task to run a simple batch file which sends the email. Check out the use page here: http://www.blat.net/
Hope this helps
Tupsy
Weather Station: WMR88
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by Tupsy »

Trainman wrote:
Kogeweather wrote:Sorry for the confusion. It was the Danish meteorological institute I meant - I didn't pinpoint this. They have a national service where people like us I upload data. There's a link here http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/bor ... =undefined. It's in Danish but this is the service where I want my station to be present.

Jan
Hej Jan.

have you finished your script and would you like to share it? I´m interested in uploading my data to borgervejr.
Hi
Any news regarding this?
I would like to upload data to DMI as well. :-)

Tupsy