Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Weather Station for Android

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
AlesVeluscek
Weather Station: //
Operating System: Android

Weather Station for Android

Post by AlesVeluscek »

Hi, I am author for Weather Station software for Android.

You can download it at:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... herstation

Personal Weather Station for Cumulus software.

It includes Widgets (4x2 and 2x1) and app.
Widget uses shorter txt file and sunbird.txt for location.

You should have 3 files on server:
xml file (example: realtime.xml)
txt file (example: realtime.txt) for widged
location file sunbird.txt for widget

xml and txt file should have same filename.

Icon is valid for wetter forecast from Wetter Station and is not Current weather.

If you have problems, please let me know. If you need some other feature, please let me know.

Regards, Ales
dunda

Re: Weather Station for Android

Post by dunda »

AlesVeluscek wrote: Icon is valid for wetter forecast from Wetter Station and is not Current weather.
Maybe someone has an idea how to get current weather (from coordinates and for the whole world).
The forecast (at least on my weather station) is very inaccurate, but it is nice to see something graphical :D
amedve1
Weather Station: WS2350
Operating System: WIN7

Post by amedve1 »

Everything works fine but data upon the Temperature (I supposed to be station name) is marked null on Widget, while name of the station is correct in application.
AlesVeluscek

Post by AlesVeluscek »

amedve1 wrote:Everything works fine but data upon the Temperature (I supposed to be station name) is marked null on Widget, while name of the station is correct in application.
Hi, You need to have file sunbird.txt for Name in widget to work. Do you have it? If yes you can send me url and i will check for error.

Regards, Ales
amedve1
Weather Station: WS2350
Operating System: WIN7

Post by amedve1 »

AlesVeluscek wrote:
amedve1 wrote:Everything works fine but data upon the Temperature (I supposed to be station name) is marked null on Widget, while name of the station is correct in application.
Hi, You need to have file sunbird.txt for Name in widget to work. Do you have it? If yes you can send me url and i will check for error.
Sorry Aleš, my sunbird.txt was not active. As soon as I activate it in Cumulus I got location. Thanks for fast reply.
Maybe it will be nice to put all three basic data files for users into this topic.
AlesVeluscek

Post by AlesVeluscek »

AlesVeluscek wrote: You should have 3 files on server:
xml file (example: realtime.xml)
txt file (example: realtime.txt) for widged
location file sunbird.txt for widget
amedve1 wrote:
AlesVeluscek wrote:
Sorry Aleš, my sunbird.txt was not active. As soon as I activate it in Cumulus I got location. Thanks for fast reply.
Maybe it will be nice to put all three basic data files for users into this topic.

I wrote them in first topic. I hope it wasn't too confusing.

Regards, Ales
Gordon-Loomberah
Weather Station: Davis VP2 + Solar and UV
Operating System: Windows 10 home

Post by Gordon-Loomberah »

Hi Ales,
Hi, Can you send me url, so I can test. My current file does not have UV and Solar data. Where would you want to have >them ? On App or widget ?
http://gunagulla.com/weather/Cumulus/realtime.xml

In the app would be fine.

thanks, Gordon
Loomberah Weather: http://gunagulla.com
AlesVeluscek

Post by AlesVeluscek »

Gordon-Loomberah wrote:Hi Ales,
Hi, Can you send me url, so I can test. My current file does not have UV and Solar data. Where would you want to have >them ? On App or widget ?
http://gunagulla.com/weather/Cumulus/realtime.xml

In the app would be fine.

thanks, Gordon
I checked your xml file and there is no UV or Solar data. You are also missing sunbird.txt on server (for widget location).

Regards, Ales
Gordon-Loomberah

Hi Ales, where does sunbird.txt come from, I dont have it in my Cumulus directory, and what format should the contents be in?

Yes, I see than the .xml file doesn't have all the data, but realtime.txt has the solar and UV values, see:

http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Realtime.txt

thanks, Gordon
AlesVeluscek

Post by AlesVeluscek »

Gordon-Loomberah wrote:Hi Ales, where does sunbird.txt come from, I dont have it in my Cumulus directory, and what format should the contents be in?

Yes, I see than the .xml file doesn't have all the data, but realtime.txt has the solar and UV values, see:

http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Realtime.txt

thanks, Gordon
I will try to put them on widget.

Regards, Ales
AlesVeluscek

Post by AlesVeluscek »

There is version 1.1 on market.

To do list for version 1.2:

-put UV and solar data on widget (and possibly in app)
-avoid using sunbird.txt for widget
-remember multiple paths for weather stations
-options for using xml file for widget

Regards, Ales
phred
Weather Station: WS-2080
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

Post by phred »

Ales-

Pardon me for being dense, but I have read through this entire thread and still don't understand the necessary file sunbird.txt. Where does that file come from? Is it something I have to create as a text file? And if so, exactly what data goes in it and in what format?

And just to confirm, once sunbird.txt is created, does it go on the server with the two realtime files?

Thanks.
AlesVeluscek

Post by AlesVeluscek »

phred wrote:Ales-

Pardon me for being dense, but I have read through this entire thread and still don't understand the necessary file sunbird.txt. Where does that file come from? Is it something I have to create as a text file? And if so, exactly what data goes in it and in what format?

And just to confirm, once sunbird.txt is created, does it go on the server with the two realtime files?

Thanks.
Hi,
Dont worry about sunbird.txt It will not be used in next version. For now I get Location from this file. I will get it once from xml in next version.

Regards, Ales
phred
Weather Station: WS-2080
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

Post by phred »

Thanks for the information, but I have to ask the one question developers hate to be asked - how long before the next version will be released? While it's fine to launch the app each time I want to check on my weather station, the widget is much more useful. And without sunbird.txt, the widget is currently useless.

EDIT: I looked through the original thread for the Cumulus Realtime Widget and found a copy of sunbird.txt. I downloaded it, changed the location to my location and changed the sunrise and sunset times to my local. Uploaded the file to my server and now the widget is working just fine.

You've put together a very nice app and I am another one who would gladly donate some money to have the app be ad-free.

Thanks again.
Gordon-Loomberah

Phred, I've found sunbird.txt now, I didn't search back far enough the other day. How does the date, tiime, sunrise and set times get updated in that file, other than by manual edit?

Not that it really matters if it wont be required in 1.2.