Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Toolbox FTP

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
jdc
Weather Station: Davis VP2 : Instromet
Operating System: Win 10

Toolbox FTP

Post by jdc »

I have been using Toolbox successfully to upload dayfile.txt at 00.10 every day then a few minutes later run a script to enter data into a MySql database.
After an 'upgrade' by my webhost, I had to adjust all the FTP paths in Cumulus, but now cannot get Toolbox to FTP anything, from Cumulus or any other dir. returning a 550 error. It still runs the remote script correctly.
I feel I've tried everything, so wondered if anyone had a suggestion as to what has happened.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Toolbox FTP

Post by water01 »

I believe, but I could be wrong, that Toolbox copies the FTP directory of your host from Cumulus ini file when you set up the FTP rule (process). It then stores this in one of its files.

Thus if you look at the FTP line (rule) it will still be using the old FTP path and to change it you have to Edit the FTP rule to force it to change the receiving directory.
David
jdc
Weather Station: Davis VP2 : Instromet
Operating System: Win 10

Re: Toolbox FTP

Post by jdc »

I guessed that Toolbox collected FTP info from Cumulus, but the correct path is shown in the toolboxftp.txt file (and changes when the rule is edited) and I uninstalled/reinstalled toolbox just in case. I'm baffled!
I previously used a php script to automate actions, but Toolbox is more convienient and the FTP schedule was excellent.