Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Added a PondCam

Hardware/software/hints and tips/discussion/webcam links etc
ironeagleuk
Weather Station: Maplins N96GY (Watson W-8681)
Operating System: Windows 7 Home

Added a PondCam

Post by ironeagleuk »

In addition to my 2 weathercams, I have now added a PondCam. http://www.ironeagleuk.co.uk/cumulus/webcam.htm

It's a non-tilt & pan wanscam with night vision, so we can see what going's on take place after dark.

You can occasionally see the 3 fish swimming around.....we have loads of baby fish, so hopefully some will survive after the pond decided to kill off all the fish at the beginning of the year.

At night we have seen cats drinking out of the pond, garden snails drinking, and a frog on the prowl.......we also have loads of baby frogs, and have on occasion seen them sitting on the lily leaves.

Also, there are 2 resident ducks that just seem to swim around in circles.

Here's some pics that have been caught over night so far

Baby Frog on lily leaf furthest away from cam

Adult Frog on pot in background

I'm also putting together some time lapse videos
Richard

mikechristelow
Weather Station: Watson W8681 (solar)
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Added a PondCam

Post by mikechristelow »

Cool - image quality looks good!
http://www.christelow.co.uk
“It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
"So it is."
"And freezing."
"Is it?"
"Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately.”

gluepack
Weather Station: PCE-FWS 20
Operating System: Win 7 Pro

Post by gluepack »

Hmmm, I think I might try the same sort of thing.

Was this the camera that you bought?
http://www.amazon.de/Wireless-Outdoor-W ... ef=sr_1_15

PWS links: WundergroundIVARNAPR3CWOP/APRSE(W)2048PWSWeatherZLATINABGAwekas10631Twitter@Zlatina_weather
Station type: PCE-FWS 20…Webcam link: View south to edge of Provadisko plateau
ironeagleuk

Post by ironeagleuk »

gluepack wrote:Hmmm, I think I might try the same sort of thing.

Was this the camera that you bought?
http://www.amazon.de/Wireless-Outdoor-W ... ef=sr_1_15
Yes that's exactly the same

Can anyone confirm whether or not any of my live webcams are working, because I can't seem to get a live image
Richard

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

They are OK for me.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

The still images are OK for me, but the live streaming isn't working.
Steve
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

Stream is a bit 'clunky', otherwise OK
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Ah, I did not realise that clicking the full size image gave a live stream. That doesn't work for me either (Chrome on Android), but lots of sites that use dynamic DNS don't work for me either - probably a limitation of my ISPs DNS service.
ironeagleuk

Post by ironeagleuk »

It's weird....the Live Streams were working perfectly well for all cameras a week or so ago, but now they aren't working using the way I was feeding them on the webpage.

These were the URLs I was using and they were fine:

Cam1: http://ironeagleuk2.no-ip.org/videostre ... &pwd=guest
Cam2: http://ironeagleuk.no-ip.org/videostrea ... &pwd=guest
PondCam: http://ironeagleuk3.no-ip.org/videostre ... &pwd=guest

Now all I get is a blank screen. I don't think I have changed anything to stop them working...all the ports are forwarded for them correctly.
I contacted no-ip. org, but they say it's nothing to do with them.

The PondCam live image you are seeing that is abit clunky is using javascript (which uses snapshot.cgi)code at the moment, but the original url that are above are still on the page, and they provided a much smoother feed

I've also put the snapshot javascript on Cam1 & 2, but neither of them seem to work.

Things seem to have gone abit pear shaped for my live cam pages, and am not sure why :(
Richard

gluepack

Post by gluepack »

ironeagleuk said...
Yes that's exactly the same
Can anyone confirm whether or not any of my live webcams are working, because I can't seem to get a live image
Good, I've ordered one from amazon.de. That'll give me an incentive to tidy up my pond a bit, lol.

I tried googling looking for Bulgarian stores that might sell it but couldn't find it, although there seem to be several that look the same, even down to the lettering on the case, but aren't "Wanscam". The amazon.de price appeared to be pretty good, even compared to U.S. prices, which is unusual.

Anyway, your webcams seem to be working, although at this time of night, I guess there isn't much going on. I do have to refresh regularly though, when going to your webcam page as, often, at least one isn't displayed on first attempt.

PWS links: WundergroundIVARNAPR3CWOP/APRSE(W)2048PWSWeatherZLATINABGAwekas10631Twitter@Zlatina_weather
Manzara
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: XP

Post by Manzara »

Nice pics of the pond. Why not try fitting a polarizing filter to the lens the it will stop reflections and you will be able to see under ther surface.
ironeagleuk

Post by ironeagleuk »

Manzara wrote:Nice pics of the pond. Why not try fitting a polarizing filter to the lens the it will stop reflections and you will be able to see under ther surface.
THanks....I have ordered a polarising filter film, and see how it goes.

I have identified my live stream problem as being a Chrome issue I think. It seems to work on Firefox, but the pic refresh scrolls, unlike the smooth video stream that Chrome used to show.

Not sure what has changed in Chrome to cause this issue, but have contacted them, and also posted on their forum.

Does anyone else use videostream.cgi to stream live video>?
Richard

ironeagleuk

Post by ironeagleuk »

I have now discovered that an update of Chrome has caused this problem.
I had an out of date version on my laptop, and the videostream.cgi works. The version on my laptop where it worked is: 28.0.1500.95 m

The current version I have installed which videostream.cgi doesn't work is: 29.0.1547.66 m

Annoyingly when I checked the version of Chrome on my laptop it updated itself to the latest version, and now videostream.cgi doesn't work on the laptop either
Richard

gluepack

Post by gluepack »

Lol, sounds like you have problems. Well, I might just get mine in time to dismantle it for winter. I was charged 13 euros for delivery and they shipped it by German Post, as opposed to by courier. Estimated delivery (well the latest) is by October 5th. That is the worst experience I have had ordering from amazon.de. I've had a laptop shipped by courier for less than half that price and I have never had anything where they didn't use a courier. Only once did it take more than four days and that was with a weekend in between. They've taken two days plus the weekend to ship it out the door even.

ironeagleuk

Post by ironeagleuk »

gluepack wrote:Lol, sounds like you have problems.
No thanks to Google.....it was the best solution that I could see to stream the video after I gave up using Yawcam & WebcamXP.
I have Blue Iris now, ut I can't figure out how to stream the video from it in the best way.

The only thing I think I can do is to use Javascript, but that just shows refreshing jpegs which isn't a smooth continuous stream

gluepack wrote:Well, I might just get mine in time to dismantle it for winter. I was charged 13 euros for delivery and they shipped it by German Post, as opposed to by courier. Estimated delivery (well the latest) is by October 5th. That is the worst experience I have had ordering from amazon.de. I've had a laptop shipped by courier for less than half that price and I have never had anything where they didn't use a courier. Only once did it take more than four days and that was with a weekend in between. They've taken two days plus the weekend to ship it out the door even.
Oh dear, what an ordering nightmare.
I ordered my from Light in a Box, but wish I hadn't, as I didn't realise I would have to pay nearly £20 for customs import taxt or whatever it was....wish I had bought it on Ebay....would have been a fraction of the price I think
Richard