Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Webcams and Timelapse

Hardware/software/hints and tips/discussion/webcam links etc
Big Daddy
Weather Station: Maplin N96FY
Operating System: Windows 8

Webcams and Timelapse

Postby Big Daddy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have been working on using webcams and also on creating some time-lapse videos.

Webcams can bee seen here.

http://www.midlifedad.me.uk/weather/webcam_north.php

This is the northerly view across Lincolnshire farmland and there are also southerly and easterly views. Image updates every 5 minutes.

Time-lapse videos can be seen here.

http://www.midlifedad.me.uk/weather/video_north.php

These capture dawn to dusk and are updated just after midnight each day. Again 3 views available.

Love how clouds form, roll and then somehow disappear and also how clouds at different levels move in different directions. The Easterly view often catches jets passing across the UK into Europe especially in the early morning. Images generated every 10 seconds and then stitched together at 25fps.

Working on some night videos to try and capture moon and star movements......when we get a clear night that is.

Hope you enjoy.

Andy

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Jessie Lite rPi

Re: Webcams and Timelapse

Postby mcrossley » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Nicely done, it's always fascinating watching those timelapse videos, especially when there is wind shear.

Mike60
Weather Station: WH-2080, WS-2357.
Operating System: W7-Pro

Re: Webcams and Timelapse

Postby Mike60 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:58 pm

Very nice.
I have one webcam installed but I don't know how to make this videos / timelapse.
Only I post to Wunderground and I record all the time clips 24h length ( ~ 1.9 Gb ) with my X201-W7-Pro.

Have a lovely week.
Mike

Return to “Webcams”