Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Wireless HD webcam

Hardware/software/hints and tips/discussion/webcam links etc
seabreeze3
Weather Station: WMR-968 plus stuff I made
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Wireless HD webcam

Post by seabreeze3 »

Gina wrote:Strange! I have always found Amazon to be very good. I've bought lots of goods from them.
Yeah, I have too. Foscam however, states right on their site that they will not support Amazon nor EBay purchases due to the counterfeit products out there. Not surprising if you consider the place of origin.

Dave
When the weather is the focus of the topic, it means we have to start conversations with something else.
Saanichton Weather
seabreeze3
Weather Station: WMR-968 plus stuff I made

Post by seabreeze3 »

Alright then fellow IP cam nuts. I've ordered one of these from the Canadian-base site.

First surprise: is that PayPal took the funds in US dollars. That doesn't fuss me too much since the exchange rate is next to zero. I looked deep into the website and realized that this is a mirror of the US site and they do business only in USD. (That doesn't particularly please me.)
Second surprise: No sales tax applied. That's very odd since both BC and Ontario have just implemented HST at the same rate and the cam ships from a Toronto warehouse. Since it's coming via Canada Post ... oh we'll have to see what happens.

I will set it up sometime next week (assuming Canada Post has fed the horses and everything moves and works normally) and we'll see how it all runs. Reports and demos will follow.

Cheers
Dave

p.s. Ray, this is your fault. :D
When the weather is the focus of the topic, it means we have to start conversations with something else.
Saanichton Weather
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Excellent, well volunteered, Dave. We look forward to your reports! :D
Steve
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

Gina wrote:Strange! I have always found Amazon to be very good. I've bought lots of goods from them.
Gina, over the years, in order to increase their (already large) presence on the Web, Amazon has develop the sub-stores, meaning that Amazon allows external sellers (with accounts with Amazon) to sell under the Amazon 'umbrella'. Most of the sub-strore resellers are good-to-excellent ... but there are the few ones trying to sell rebranded products from unknown origin (usually China :twisted: ), such products with the name "Logi Tek" using almost the same colours and logos as the original "Logitech" brand...

Although Amazon has a lot of people working directly for them, (I was told) there is no way they can check all the products that are sold on the Amazon pages - Amazon relies 'heavily' on the feedback (complaints) from the users.
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

seabreeze3 wrote:Alright then fellow IP cam nuts. I've ordered one of these from the Canadian-base site.
Great move, Dave ... you beat me to it... :twisted:

The Foscam FI8905W Wireless Outdoor IP Camera appears to be a good product - I have tried to get as much information from as many forums as I have been able to access...
seabreeze3 wrote:First surprise: is that PayPal took the funds in US dollars. That doesn't fuss me too much since the exchange rate is next to zero.
ALthough I do not follow the 'swings' of the canadian dollar, as of last night, it was worth more than our southern neighbour currency... :mrgreen:
seabreeze3 wrote:I looked deep into the website and realized that this is a mirror of the US site and they do business only in USD. (That doesn't particularly please me.)
There are some important differences between the american and the canadian sites:
- on the canadian site, it is indicated that the products are shipped from their warehouse in Toronto and a Toronto (area code 416) phone number is provided for support;
- on the american site, it is indicated that the products are shipped from their warehouse in Texas and a Texas (area code 713) phone number is provided for support.

The prices for all of their camaras are the same on both sites - hey, with the value of the canadian dollar now-a-day... :D
seabreeze3 wrote:I will set it up sometime next week (assuming Canada Post has fed the horses and everything moves and works normally) and we'll see how it all runs. Reports and demos will follow.
I cannot wait much longer for your first-hand evaluation - I might even drive to place ... if I could only find it on Vancouver Island map... :lol:
seabreeze3 wrote:p.s. Ray, this is your fault. :D
Ah sure, you had to place the blame one someone else other than yourself - I had absolutely NOTHING to do with this irrational impulsive purchase! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
nking
Weather Station: W-8681

Post by nking »

seabreeze3 wrote:Alright then fellow IP cam nuts. I've ordered one of these from the Canadian-base site.

I will set it up sometime next week (assuming Canada Post has fed the horses and everything moves and works normally) and we'll see how it all runs. Reports and demos will follow.
Hi Dave,
Looking forward to your review

Here in the UK I noticed that the item is being sold (£74.14) by http://extrahomesecurity.com/foscam-60i ... p-435.html
the site is registered to Registrant Info: (FAST-14700939)
extrahomesecurity
ling zhu
125 Candelaria Road NW, Unit A-2,
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87107
United States
Phone: +1.5057156651
Fax..:
Email: jerrygan8@gmail.com
Last modified: 2010-08-04 01:38:33 GMT

I have emailed them and got back a response, a little vague though -

"Thank you for your interest in our website.
We have warehouses which are located in the UK and US. If for return, item could be send back to the nearest distribution center.

If you need the cameras, we have the brand " FOSCAM". If you want to know more information, you may google "FOSCAM CAMERA" and get more information. This brand is our cooperated partner. "

From this I can't tell if they are really Foscam distributors, will probably need to check further.
nitrx
Weather Station: WH1080

Post by nitrx »

Foscam IP-cameras shipping worldwide http://www.ipcam-shop.nl/en/foscam-produkten.html
nking

Post by nking »

I contacted Foscam direct and got this interesting reply from them regarding the UK :-

Thank you for your interest in Foscam.This is Lisa from Sales & Marketing Team .

The link of our reseller in UK is http://stores.ebay.co.uk/martialwave

Our website is is www.foscam.com .

Any other questions on our products,pls feel free let me know.

2011-01-05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Regards

Lisa Gao ( Miss )
Sales & Marketing Team

E-mail: sales4@foscam.com

MSN: foscam4@hotmail.com

-------------------------------------------------
ShenZhen Foscam Intelligent Technology co., Ltd.
Tel: 86-755-2674 5668 EXT:308
Fax: 86-755-2674 5168

Mobile: +86 13058132994

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

"The Happiness Shop" on eBay claim to be an authorised distributor: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FOSCAM-WaterProof ... 3a618cfa04
Steve
gemini06720

Post by gemini06720 »

steve wrote:"The Happiness Shop" on eBay claim to be an authorised distributor...
Odd, as on the Foscam Intelligent Technologies Where to buy page the only representative for the UK, as indicated previously by Neil is Martialwave ... Could be that Foscam is expanding so rapidly that no one has had the time to update their main Web pages - there are only 200+ 'well-trained employees' working for the Foscam company, located in the Bao’an district of Shenzhen, China... :roll:
nking

Post by nking »

steve wrote:"The Happiness Shop" on eBay claim to be an authorised distributor: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FOSCAM-WaterProof ... 3a618cfa04

It is odd isn't it that only one ebay provider was mentioned, even more odd given what seabreeze mentions on the USA site?
seabreeze3 wrote:I have been advised not to buy one of these from either EBay or Amazon because of the "knockoffs" and imitations. In fact, Foscam voids the warranty if you buy it from either of those two sites.
I have replied back to Foscam asking them to confirm if this site http://extrahomesecurity.com/ is also a recognised seller, if so, I may go with them.