Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Still trying to get web cam live

Hardware/software/hints and tips/discussion/webcam links etc
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Still trying to get web cam live

Post by RayProudfoot »

darc wrote:Thank for looking and Ray really, no offence taken I no I can do a lot better I am only using yola at the moment as I am only using webcam host as a temp move as I don't pay for either and as you no I have had problems getting webcam live for long time and this one was no fancy setting almost plug and go,
Geoff, have you considered uploading to WUnderground and then linking to the latest image? The beauty of that is WU do the hosting and it doesn't come out of your allocation. Just a thought as it's a free resource as you already upload there.
I would love to have more on site and also tidy it up but I just struggle I often look at your site Ray and other sites and wish I could get mine half as tidy but with this I do struggle.
Thank Ray I will look at the link you have post thanks m8.
I still know very little Geoff. I just make small changes and observe the effect. The core of my site is still Cumulus designed. If you want help on a specific thing I'll do my best to help. :)
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

darc
Weather Station: Davis vp2 // Maplins N96GY
Operating System: Win 7 Home / Nokia Lumia Win

Post by darc »

Hi Ray sorry I am only just getting around to answering your last post I have been away from my desk, I have an android tablet that I can access my main computer with i prefer to reply on computer thanks again for your help, there is one thing I would like to get on my web page and that is my Cumulus main screen, is that easy to do.
As for WU I have tried on numerous occasions but my attempts always get rejected I guess I must be doing something wrong.

Of that subject I have found a free app for my tablet called splashtop and it is free while using it at home or you can pay $16 and then you can access your pc from anywhere in the world it just means I can lay in bed or where ever and look at any thing that is on my computer including my webcam, Cumulus or whatever really It is worth trying if you have a tablet device.

Thanks
Weather station Davis Vantage Pro 2 / Maplins Forecaster N96GY http://www.pwsweather.com/obs/29021968.html

Canon camera 1100d Samsung compact
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

Hi Geoff,

If you mean can you place the Cumulus application display on your website then the answer is no. That's the purpose of the html pages. If I've misunderstood you then please explain what you want.

WU require a consistent upload. Clearly you've had recent problems with your hardware / software and they state clearly in the T&Cs that your webcam account will be suspended unless uploads are reliable. You could always raise a ticket with them and ask why they have rejected you but I suspect that will be why. If you're sure you can upload consistently I'm sure they'll relent.

I don't have a tablet so cannot comment on them. They do look very nice but I'm not sure what I'd use one for.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

darc

Post by darc »

Thanks Ray, Yes you got me right that's ok now that will stop me thinking about it cheers, I think my site is a little better now I have
de-cluttered a little I think all I do want to put on is the met office link, I will be going to pay for a better site when we get back from our hols ones with more options, I have looked at those that have been suggested, they all seam reasonable I thought that they would cost more.
I have looked at tablets for a long time but never bought on as I did not no what I would do with one, as I have an android phone however my son got me one for xmas, and I am really happy most what I do on my pc's I can now do from anywhere in the would as long as my pc's are left on standby at home as I have said before I do spend a lot of time in and out of hospitals or just in bed basically unable to move but with the tablet I can moderate my freecycle group and keep an eye on my weather stations , emails and much more.

Thanks for your help it is really appreciated Geoff
Weather station Davis Vantage Pro 2 / Maplins Forecaster N96GY http://www.pwsweather.com/obs/29021968.html

RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

Hi Geoff,

Yes, your webcam site looks a lot better now. :clap: Once you're satisfied you can generate webcam images consistently I'm sure WU will accept them.

I can understand why a tablet is appealing to you. It's a great way of staying in touch with the world when you're not at home. No doubt one day I will find a reason for one! :D

I have thought several times about adding a webcam but apart from choosing a suitable camera (I'm really fussy about image quality) there are the issues about the amount of data that would be uploaded and downloaded from my site. There's no way I could stay with my current free provider so it's also a case of working out image sizes, frequency of uploads and how many Gigabytes my account would consume. And all that to show days and days of 8/8 stratus! :lol:
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

darc

Post by darc »

Ye I no what you mean I would not be bothered either about having it on all the time but I found the site that would allow it and it was free and very easy to set up as you no I have been struggling for a long time to get my images uploaded at regular intervals with lots of different software without any joy so when I found this software I went for it, I would be quiet happy for a single image to be uploaded every hour or so but I just can't seem to get that to work.

Going back to my web site I have copied the html of my freeglovine page into the html on my website but not sure if I have done it right as it does not update itself.

Geoff

RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

darc wrote:Ye I no what you mean I would not be bothered either about having it on all the time but I found the site that would allow it and it was free and very easy to set up as you no I have been struggling for a long time to get my images uploaded at regular intervals with lots of different software without any joy so when I found this software I went for it, I would be quiet happy for a single image to be uploaded every hour or so but I just can't seem to get that to work.
This software impressed me. http://www.sebectec.com/ipcam/index.htm I appreciate it's around £30 but it is good. Not only can it upload between sunrise and sunset it has very impressive time-lapse video. Scroll down and look at bottom-right video. It's brilliant and so much better than the WU daily video which is far too quick. http://kennebunkportbeachwebcam.com/
Going back to my web site I have copied the html of my freeglovine page into the html on my website but not sure if I have done it right as it does not update itself.
It sounds like you haven't edited the template html files. You can't upload two instances of your cumulus pages to two different sites. Your webcam link on your Cumulus pages corectly points to your webcam site but the webcam needs to be the first thing people see. WU and other stuff should be lower down.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

tobyspond
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by tobyspond »

I'll second the recommendation for Sebectec software. I am using it with my Panasonic BL-C140 netcam and there is a 30-day free trial.

Kerry
darc

Post by darc »

Thanks Ray I will sort that out tomorrow now and I will also have a look at http://www.sebectec.com/ipcam/index.htm
and Kerry thanks for the heads up on free trial.

darc

Post by darc »

Hi Kerry, I take it you are using the software you mentioned, does it work with usb camera's as well as that is what I am using
at this time (Creative HP 720P) if not it is not worth me downloading it until I get an IP camera
I have got one on my wish list
but I am not allowed to spend on anything until we get back from our hols.

Geoff

RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

darc wrote:but I am not allowed to spend on anything until we get back from our hols.
Clearly this is an emergency so is outside the normal rules of expenditure. :lol:
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

tobyspond
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by tobyspond »

Hi Geoff,

I'm not sure, there is a non-IP version of the software, but I do not know if it will work on usb cameras. I suggest checking the Sebectec website.

Kerry
darc

Post by darc »

Thanks Kerry I have had a look, but can't seem to find anything,
they do have a help line so I may give them a call.

Geoff