Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Using Ubiquiti Aircam as Webcam

Hardware/software/hints and tips/discussion/webcam links etc
pete_c
Weather Station: Davis Vue-Pro2 - Fine Offset
Operating System: W2003-XPSP3-Linux

Using Ubiquiti Aircam as Webcam

Post by pete_c »

I have been playing with the Ubiquiti Aircam as a low cost IP Webcam solution. Just recently found a place to purchase some wider lens for it in the UK. Note that I do not work for Ubiquiti. I am also testing a generic 1.3 MP HD and will soon be testing a 5MP HD outdoor low cost HD camera.

That said I have configured a second Ubiquiti weathercam with a 2.5mm lens and it is working well.

Attached is a view of the Ubiquiti Aircam with the stock lens and another view with the 2.5mm lens.

Once it warms up will be putting the "test" Aircam with the 2.5mm lens in the front of the house and redo the current one with a 2.5mm lens for the back of the house.

I have noticed that the edges' view is not as sharp as the center view on the lens. I think this is more related to methodology of the cut of the lens versus the CCD/CMOS chip of the lens. Another Ubiquiti Aircam user went with a 16mm lens and the same focus "blur" is present in the same manner.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Pete
Automator