Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

picture.jpg replacement

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
kingqueen
Weather Station: Maplin N96GY / Fine Offset 1081
Operating System: Windows 7 HP 64 bit

picture.jpg replacement

Post by kingqueen »

Very minor bug...

On updating to the Beta I specified for it to not overwrite my eisting website files. Despite this, images\picture.jpg was overwriten.

Cheers
William Grimsley
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Re: picture.jpg replacement

Post by William Grimsley »

kingqueen wrote:Very minor bug...

On updating to the Beta I specified for it to not overwrite my eisting website files. Despite this, images\picture.jpg was overwriten.

Cheers
The image '/images/picture.jpg' on your site is the one you've had for ages...
kingqueen

Post by kingqueen »

William Grimsley wrote:The image '/images/picture.jpg' on your site is the one you've had for ages...
Yeah, I had it backed up. Updating Cumulus only changed /images/picture.jpg in webfiles locally anyway, not on site.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

The idea of the 'don't update the html files' option is so that it doesn't overwrite any changes to the templates that you might have done, so it only applies to things in the 'web' folder. But there's no reason to update any files in the webfiles folder (and its subfolders), they are 'static' files used for setting up a standard web site. If you want to replace the picture.jpg file, you should just be replacing the one on your web site, not the one in the Cumulus webfiles/images folder; there's no point in doing the latter.
Steve
kingqueen

Post by kingqueen »

steve wrote:there's no reason to update any files in the webfiles folder (and its subfolders), they are 'static' files used for setting up a standard web site.
I think I've been going about things the wrong way. I've been using the webfiles directory as the local copy of my website. I shall keep that elsewhere then.

Doug
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

My assumption has been that anyone who isn't using the 'standard' Cumulus setup would keep their 'static' files elsewhere, because there's no reason to keep them in the Cumulus folder. The webfiles folder is intended to be a copy of the set of static files for the standard setup.
Steve
kingqueen

Post by kingqueen »

steve wrote:My assumption has been that anyone who isn't using the 'standard' Cumulus setup would keep their 'static' files elsewhere, because there's no reason to keep them in the Cumulus folder. The webfiles folder is intended to be a copy of the set of static files for the standard setup.
I never fit assumptions lol :-) I started off with the standard Cumulus webfiles, then over time have increasingly customised them so they are increasingly not "stock". I have now moved my local copy of the webfiles elsewhere so it's not an issue anyway :-)

Cheers