Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Please stop allways on top

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
ruggb
Weather Station: Davis Vue
Operating System: W7

Please stop allways on top

Postby ruggb » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:00 pm

I find it VERY aggravating when I boot my computer in the AM and have to wait a LOOONNNGGG time for the Downloading popup to go away since it has an AlwaysOnTop attribute.
Would u mind removing that "feature"?

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Please stop allways on top

Postby steve » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:45 pm

It's by design. It's supposed to stop you doing anything to Cumulus while it's downloading the logger data. Also, it shouldn't be taking a long time to download the logger data - do you have the Cumulus logger interval and the station logger interval set the same? http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#Cumulus_takes_a_long_time_to_download_the_data_from_my_Davis_station_at_start_up
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 w/Envoy USB
Operating System: Windows-8

Re: Please stop allways on top

Postby PaulMy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:17 pm

I like to progress popup as it tells me it is working/retreaving, but I don't shut down and restart every day nor do I have Cumulus start automatically - and only takes a few seconds whenever I restart Cumulus with the 10-min logger interval (set the same as the Cumulus data log).

Paul

Return to “Cumulus 1 BETA versions”