Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Problem uninstalling Cumulus

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: GNU/Linux (Ubuntu 17.04)

Problem uninstalling Cumulus

Postby freddie » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:09 pm

I'm returning a borrowed computer, which has Cumulus 1.9.4 build 1084 installed. I run the uninstaller from both the control panel app and the uninstall exe file within the Cumulus install folder and get the same result - the following screen cap speaks for itself:

Untitled.png

The system is running Windows 7 Starter 32 bit version. Help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freddie

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Problem uninstalling Cumulus

Postby steve » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Cumulus doesn't use the registry, so the only thing that's in there is the uninstall information. So you could manually uninstall by deleting the Cumulus folder. Googling for that error message suggests that this would then allow the uninstaller to run.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: GNU/Linux (Ubuntu 17.04)

Postby freddie » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:20 pm

That worked. Thanks as ever for the swift response, Steve.
Freddie

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Postby steve » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:28 pm

I've checked the uninstaller that the installer creates, and it's definitely 32 bit, so I don't know why Windows would give that error.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

Return to “Cumulus 1 BETA versions”