Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New release 967 and FTP

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
morfeas2002
Weather Station: National Geographic 265 NE
Operating System: Windows XP

New release 967 and FTP

Post by morfeas2002 »

There is a new service on 967
- FTP now aborts the connection and doesn't try to upload any more files if an error is detected - watch out for possible problems!
This should be optional.It will bring only problems to me.Sometime of the day my internet connection goes off and after sometime on again and i have red light and error report "ftp connection error". With this cumulus will not upload any more data even if internet connection will come back.
It would be nice if it stopped the upload only if it detected problems such as wrong data strong wind on a day without wind for example.
Synewave
Weather Station: Watson W-8681
Operating System: Raspian

Re: New release 967 and FTP

Post by Synewave »

I've just installed 967 and forced an FTP error, by disconnecting the internet to cause an FTP Connect Timeout, but Cumulus is currently still uploading OK, so seems to be fine.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

morfeas2002 wrote:This should be optional.It will bring only problems to me.Sometime of the day my internet connection goes off and after sometime on again and i have red light and error report "ftp connection error". With this cumulus will not upload any more data even if internet connection will come back.
No, that's not how it works. This change stops it pointlessly trying to upload further files on an upload when an error occurs (which breaks the connection anyway). You have presumably seen all of those 'FTP component not connected' warnings?

The following upload attempt will still go ahead as scheduled.
Steve
morfeas2002
Weather Station: National Geographic 265 NE
Operating System: Windows XP

Post by morfeas2002 »

ok then ;)