Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Monthly and Yearly Windrun

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
captzero
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2 w/ daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows 10

Monthly and Yearly Windrun

Post by captzero »

This forum is a fountain of knowledge and has helped me numerous times.
Does anyone know of a way I can calculate the monthly and yearly wind run using the wind run values from today and yesterday? I'd like to include this info on my 'Recent Extremes' page along with the new month/year webtags. I have tried javascript but its not working using today's and yesterday's values. Any assistance is appreciated.

Cheers
Dan

http://www.brisbaneliveweather.com

A man with a thermometer always knows the temperature. A man with two thermometers, not so sure.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Monthly and Yearly Windrun

Post by steve »

I'm not really sure what you're trying to do. This may be stating the obvious, but you can't calculate a whole month's or year's wind run from just one or two days' values.
Steve
captzero

Post by captzero »

Thanks Steve,

I figured as much. I think I was a little over ambitious.
Dan

A man with a thermometer always knows the temperature. A man with two thermometers, not so sure.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I didn't add monthly and yearly wind run when I did the recent monthly and yearly stuff, because they didn't seem to fit under the category 'highs and lows'. But it should be easy enough to add them, and at least provide web tags for them. In fact, there's probably no reason they shouldn't also be display on the 'wind' tabs of the daily/monthly/yearly highs and lows screens too.
Steve
captzero

Post by captzero »

Excellent, thanks Steve. The data's available when viewing the Extremes and Averages in Cumulus. A webtag would be great.
Dan

steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

captzero wrote:The data's available when viewing the Extremes and Averages in Cumulus. A webtag would be great.
Yes; the trouble with that is that it does it 'on the fly' and so isn't suitable for using as a webtag; but it should be easy enough to add the code to make the values quickly available.
Steve
captzero

Post by captzero »

Thanks Steve,

Looking forward to whatever you come up with. I'm toying with combining the extremes and records onto a single web page. Its a work in progress http://users.tpg.com.au/captzer0/record.htm and I'm hoping to fill in the blanks eventually.

Cheers
Dan

scramblers
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ with daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by scramblers »

Hi Steve,

I am also trying to incorporate Today, Yesterday, This Month and This Year into a single page including wind run data.

Have any webtags been developed?
John

steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

There are a number of new 'this month' and 'this year' web tags in 1.9.1, but the only tags for wind run are 'today' and 'yesterday'.
Steve
scramblers
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ with daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by scramblers »

Hi Steve,

The info for Monthly and Yearly Windruns is already calculated and displayed using the 'View' tab on the Cumulus main panel. Do you know of anyway that I can access these figures and add them to my 'Annual Statistics' webpage?
John

steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

scramblers wrote:The info for Monthly and Yearly Windruns is already calculated and displayed using the 'View' tab on the Cumulus main panel. Do you know of anyway that I can access these figures and add them to my 'Annual Statistics' webpage?
It's a bit tricky, because as I said earlier in the thread, the values on the 'this month' etc displays are calculated 'on the fly' from the entries in dayfile.txt. This is why it's not straightforward to create web tags for them. Until I get around to adding all of the required code, you would have to do the same, i.e. process the dayfile.txt file by some method to add up all of the individual daily wind run values.
Steve
WestOz
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR88A
Operating System: Windows 10 (64bit)

Post by WestOz »

Would it be possible use the figures generated for the 'datasummay' page. Eg. http://www.sedgleymanor.com/wx/datasummary.html

You can cut & past the 'Windrun' figures into an Excel spreadsheet (where you can summarise the totals for each column/month, then add the monthly figures for an annual total) but don't know how or if it's possible to add these totals to a webpage as Monthly and Yearly Windruns.

Anyone got any ideas?

Ian
on the Indian Ocean coast of Western Australia (down the bottom left-hand corner of Oz)
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Ian, do you have PHP available on your web server (I see you use the client side 'data summary' scripts)? This sort of thing is best done at the server end if possible. If not then you could do it client side by modifying the data summary script.
elmdcw
Weather Station: VP2
Operating System: W7

Post by elmdcw »

Ian,

Here's the client side script with colours.

http://www.weather.btinternet.co.uk/datasummary2.html

Dave